Cadair Idris

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I have had a stupid idea to stay in the bothy on Cadair Idris on Saturday, should be nice and quiet. Has anyone here done this before and anyone fancy doing it:lmao:

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Just a word of warning, by spending the night on cadair idris you may wake on sunday morning either a madman or a poet.
Hope to see some nice verses posted from you next week.

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
sounds tempting, getting a new car tomorrow and i was considering a jaunt down to wales or to check out hodge close.....

not sure if my kit is up to it though really, not had a chance to test a few bits of my home made kit like my hammock.

i like the myths surrounding the place, considering i don't have a poetic bone in my body, and my works of bard are shoddy ;) twould be interesting to see, if the magic works on me! :eek:

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
^^^^^ touche!

yet another metro, sucker for punishment. i just love the little things. ive had all sorts including luxury cars like BMW's and i just keep coming back to metros!

hmmmmm, i'll give the car a good test and check the weather, where abouts are you going to stay?

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
LOL check those two links above thats on the summit:)

Metro's are good if a little corrosion prone. guy near me does the suspension for £20 quid. A Company BMW was the worst car I have ever had. will not have another.

could you teach me to make and play a flute in a night?

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
looks cosy!

yes i could easily teach you how to make a simple elder flute in that time. tuning takes the most time, except sometimes when you get lucky with the hole placements. playing is not really taught. i will post a link to the story of how to learn the flute when i find it.

unfortunately SWMBO spotted me typing before and i have been informed that "no i will not be staying on the top of any mountain, at least until i've had the stitches out" (monday)
see the "whos cut their finger" thread for details :)

was starting to get my hopes up then, looks like a beautiful spot, definitely have to take a trip up there in the next week or two.

hows the fishing in that big lake? anybody know?

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
looks cosy!

yes i could easily teach you how to make a simple elder flute in that time. tuning takes the most time, except sometimes when you get lucky with the hole placements. playing is not really taught. i will post a link to the story of how to learn the flute when i find it.

unfortunately SWMBO spotted me typing before and i have been informed that "no i will not be staying on the top of any mountain, at least until i've had the stitches out" (monday)
see the "whos cut their finger" thread for details :)

was starting to get my hopes up then, looks like a beautiful spot, definitely have to take a trip up there in the next week or two.

hows the fishing in that big lake? anybody know?

Not to worry - another time maybe:beerchug:

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
^^^^ geocaching is a big online thing where people cache little pods in hidden places and post the long/lat on the web for other people to look for, when you find it you add your name to the box and hide it again. never done it but it sounds pretty cool if going for a walk and looking at the scenery is too boring for you ;)

^^^^ geocaching is a big online thing where people cache little pods in hidden places and post the long/lat on the web for other people to look for, when you find it you add your name to the box and hide it again. never done it but it sounds pretty cool if going for a walk and looking at the scenery is too boring for you ;)

so like Letter boxing on Dartmoor.

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Hmmm..........camped out at the base of Cader last Friday in the snow. Lovely.

No cars mind, just motosickles.

Lovely moonlit night on the snow, venison stew and a bit of chili vodka to keep off the chill.

Richard

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
sounds tempting, getting a new car tomorrow and i was considering a jaunt down to wales or to check out hodge close.....

not sure if my kit is up to it though really, not had a chance to test a few bits of my home made kit like my hammock.

i like the myths surrounding the place, considering i don't have a poetic bone in my body, and my works of bard are shoddy ;) twould be interesting to see, if the magic works on me! :eek:

Mountain Rescue are busy this time of the year, please don't try using a hammock if you go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE