Buying a mora classic.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a carbon steel mora classic (red handle). I was wondering if anyone could recommend a UK supplier and what sort of price I should be looking at.

I have had a search round the web and on here, but most places either don’t tell you what steel is used or they say it is the laminated steel version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Excellent thank you, I hadn't even found that site when searching :D

Is there any difference between the KJ Eriksson and the Frosts version?

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Mora is the city in Sweden where many knife companies are concentrated. The red handled knives were coined Moras much like calling something from UK a Sheffield. Swedish steel goes by the name Sandvik. It always had a excellent reputation for quality in earlier days. Swede steel has a % of copper which made for early greater corrosion resistance, as evidenced in the 95/6 service rifles. But in honesty on today's market they buy lots of steel that meets their specifications. I don't know the exact makeup, but for the prices and quality control it's excellent stuff. You can larn more, and see all the versions @ www.ragweedforge.com Ragnar ships to UK if you can't find a good domestic supplier.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I thought most of the carbon knives made in that place were 70 or 80 carbon (0.7% and 0.8% carbon). I may be wrong though.
Frosts knives tend to be a bit thinner then the others. The classic doesn't feel quite as sharpe as the green handled one as the angle of the edge is greater but I find it easier to control when making feather sticks. (I put a tiny micro bevel on the green handled one to help).

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Well I have gone and ordered one from the place NotBob suggested, so hopefully it will arrive soon. :)

So thanks to everyone for all the advice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE