Buying a laplander, GB wildlife, crook knife....

B

Bushnoob

Hello all.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ordered from survivalschool.co.uk before and if I could use paypal as a purchase method.

I'm also wondering if it is a good deal to buy:

-LMF military firesteel
-Crook knife
-Laplander folding saw + replacement blade
-GB wildlife hatchet

All add up to a total of around $200 Canadian.

Should I buy a GB wildlife or a Wetterlings, why?

B

Bushnoob

Have you factored in shipping , tax and duty ?
Most of those items are available Lee Valley with less paperwork .

I have not factored in the those prices but I wouldn't assume them to pass over $250. I hope....
I've checked the site and they don't appear to be available. I'm still debating which site I should order from but we'll have to see. I just prefer this site because it already has the spoon knife and firesteel on it. Makes it easier rather than ordering from many different websites and paying more unecessary shipping.

Would you say there is a difference between the Wetterlings and Gransfor bruks wildlife axe? I heard they are made by GB now since they took over Wetterlings?

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I wouldn't bother with the replacement blade for the Laplander unless you need to bump up the order price for cheaper postage. Mine has lasted over 3 years with plenty of use. Also I would personally go for the Ray Mears firesteel rather than the LMF brand, I find them much better quality and it's free postage (you will have to check about overseas postage on the site) if the order is £10 GBP or under.

Just my thoughts.

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE