Buxton Sleep Over

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reaps72

Forager
Jul 20, 2011
West Yorkshire
Hi all,

I'm off to a reunion Saturday in Buxton, I am drinking & can't afford accommodation as well !

I used to live in Buxton for a couple of years at college on Harpur Hill 20 or so years ago. I know I could sleep in my car at Erwood Reservoir, but getting a Taxi back there may well freak the driver out !

Is Lightwood reservoir, Dukes drive or Green Lane any good?

Any one know any quiet spots on the outskirts that I could park leave the car & then go back to sleep it off ?

Cheers Guys & Gals

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... Any one know any quiet spots on the outskirts that I could park leave the car & then go back to sleep it off ? ...

If you've had a few drinks I'd recommend NOT sleeping in your car. You're legally in charge of it, even if you're sleeping in it, and if you've been drinking you can be banned from driving for it although common sense has been known to prevail.

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/22815-drunk-whilst-in-charge-of-a-motor-vehicle/

If I remember rightly a fairly well-known personality was banned under similar circumstances just a few days ago.

In any case you'd probably be a lot more comfortable in a tent. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If I remember rightly a fairly well-known personality was banned under similar circumstances just a few days ago.

Actually (if it's the same celebrity) he was arrested for failing a breath test at his car that had been parked up in tescos carpark the back at the nick he refused to provide a sample so he then prosecuted for refusing to provide a breath sample and got banned for six months

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You can sleep in your car drunk as long as you don't have the keys on you or in the car. You must be able to prove someone else has them. Removing the battery can help win a debate over being able to move the car. Its all down to the visiting officers
Tread carfully squire.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You can sleep in your car drunk as long as you don't have the keys on you or in the car. You must be able to prove someone else has them. Removing the battery can help win a debate over being able to move the car. Its all down to the visiting officers
Tread carfully squire.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
According to UKCampsite there's 4 all-year sites within easy walking distance. If you can afford the taxi fare out to Erwood res, you should be able to afford an overnight tent pitch.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
What about having a bevvy then sleeping in yer campervan/mobile home? do yer throw the keys out of the window? :)

Reaps72

Forager
Jul 20, 2011
West Yorkshire
I have a separate safe-stash hide-away thing I was gonna put the keys in as I sleep, for the drunk in charge issue, + putting air bed in the boot so not in the same space as the keys (my Dad has a motorhome & they stash there keys for those reasons) & I wasn't planning on a bender just a few beers with some old mates, so hopefully not gonna draw any attention!

Any one know of any other possible hide-aways?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE