Busse Jackhammer & Kydex Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Here is the knife....

100_0365-1.jpg

The spec's on the knife are that it has a 6 inch blade with the Busse bevelled technology grind which adds strength to the blade and has a finger groove on the choil/ricasso which enables a nice comfortable choke grip for fine detailed work. The knife features a clip point and the clip is not false but brought to a dulled peak to enable a good strike area for a ferro rod and still enables batoning to be done without taking deep gouges out of the baton.

The knife comes with a fitted Kydex sheath with a drop fixed loop attachment and a firesteel loop and new firesteel.

P1000876.jpg

The knife is made from Infi which has what Busse refer to as their "competition finish" meaning that the knife has a raw steel none coated blade designed to be a "no frills" finish. It has a factory convex edge designed to be used in cutting competitions and has been stropped with a paddle and green chrome compound to a razor edge. This is perhaps the knife's best feature....it takes an amazing edge which being convex simply lasts better than anything else I have used and it's edge retention enables you to use the knife hard all day and just strop it back of an evening. It is made from 3/16 thick stock and is not unduly heavy at all...it feels very fast and light in the hand and has superb balance.

P1000877.jpg

Infi is a tool steel and is not stainless and therefore the knife does need the sort of care you would give to a tool steel blade...but Infi does have has excellent corrosion resistance compared to other tool steels and has other well documented properties of strength and ease of sharpening but hardened to 58-59 Rc it also has excellent edge retention as well.

The knife comes with black/green linen micarta grips and has very strong tubular fasteners. Like all Busse's the knife has a lifetime guarantee which is on the knife and not just to the first owner. The guarantee is excellent and probably the best in the Industry...if anything goes wrong with the knife...just send it in and it will be fixed or you get a new one. Hard abuse of the knife does not invalidate this and in fairness these knives can take everything you can do to them and not fail. For those new to Infi Google to find the Noss destruction tests and see how well this steel performs.

The knife is a 2008 Special Edition model and stands me at $380 for the knife plus a further $70 for the sheath...the firesteel is £6.99...allowing for the favourable exchange rate when I bought the knife it cost me in Sterling £209.83...today's rate is £245...the sheath system was bought a bit later and stands me at £40. The import tax....,VAT...and Parcelforce Fees were a further £62.50....total to me is £319.32...and I am selling this for £265 and I will cover the £15.00 postage fee for tracked and insured postage within the UK and Europe...if it is further afield than £15.00 then I would need to ask for a contribution.

Payment either by cheque and shipping when it clears or by Paypal on the no fee private transfer method ( used for gifts etc...new to me that this could be done!). This is a great knife for the money and you would'nt be able to get one shipped in from the States at this price. The knife has seen no serious use except being stropped and cutting paper as I have a SJTAC which is virtually the same knife which I use and I got this one as a spare.

Please note that this knife will be advertised on other sites so the first to say "I will take it" will have to be determined by me in the event of a close tie. To assist with this could the person wishing to buy the knife please drop me an e-mail on PeterPHWS@aol.com confirming that they will buy the knife...this will give a time stamp which I can use to determine first in line.

Many thanks.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Well let's see if a reduction generates some interest...now £245 including the above postage proposal...

It would be nice to see the knife go to a "user"......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE