Bushy knife Shark #5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
knives.dreamlandproject.se
***SOLD, Many thanks!***

Bushie knife "Shark #5" is now up for sale.

[Blade] 4mm 01 steel, scandi grind and 58-59 RC

[Handle] Light masurbirch bark colored, alternative ivory, tin, black spacer and liner, mosaicpins, lanyardtube

[Sheath] In the making. Buyer can decide color brown or black (if it´s sold quickly :D)

[Price] 135 GBP including shipping EU and paypal fees.

Measures:
Blade=~100mm, 4mm thick
Handle Spine=~103mm
Handle Belly=~90mm
Handle width=~18mm

Thanks for looking!

bb79klar1.jpg

bb79klar2.jpg

Last edited:

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi Karl Erik,

I would like to ask a question about your design but it would mean making a mod to one of your photos to show you what I mean. As copyright owner would you be happy for me to post one of your photos with a subtle change and a question?

Cheers,
Steve

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Thanks Karl Erik,

I am a big fan of your knives. :You_Rock_

However, I was just wondering if you had ever considered moving the back mosaic pin into the wood. I think that, to my eyes, it would balance the look of the knife more?

Say from:
bb79klar1_org.jpg

to:
bb79klar1_mod.jpg

I did then wonder if it was a deliberate attempt to a pin in each element of the scale; either way, had you considered that?

Cheers,
Steve

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
knives.dreamlandproject.se
Thanks Karl Erik,

I am a big fan of your knives. :You_Rock_

However, I was just wondering if you had ever considered moving the back mosaic pin into the wood. I think that, to my eyes, it would balance the look of the knife more?

Say from:
bb79klar1_org.jpg

to:
bb79klar1_mod.jpg

I did then wonder if it was a deliberate attempt to a pin in each element of the scale; either way, had you considered that?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve!

Thank you for your suggestion. When I designed the blades on paper, I tried to balance the holes along the handle piece of the fulltang blade. In that point I did not think so much about segmented scales. If there is ordinary scales mounted the balance is there, but when it comes to this segmented scales, and this with possible scrim surface there is not so easy to get it 100% right in every aspect.

First I want a pin or tube through every pieces of the segment for improved stability, and I have tried to move the middle piece around, but ended up with this arrangement. I am not planning to alter the holes in this blades just for the look when using segmented scales, but if I was going to design a brand new blade, I would have this effect in mind.

Thank you for your time in this subject!

Cheers,
Karl-Erik

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE