Bushy knife for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Well chaps i have made this knife with the intention to provide a cheap but strong as an ox knife to a new bushcrafter. But i have to say i really like these blades! i think these blades are as good as any imho

Anyhow specs:

3'' blade 3mm thick in 12c27 stainless, riveted brass bolts peened for strength oh and black vulcanized spacers.

Includes sheath with a nice snug fit.

Asking 55 POUNDS SOLD including paypal fees and delivery. for an extra 5 pounds i can make matching firesteel with brass lined lanyard hole but this will add a few days on to the delivery as i havent made it yet.

Thanks for looking

new041.jpg

new036.jpg

new035.jpg

new043.jpg

new042.jpg

new040.jpg

new038.jpg

new037.jpg

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
Hi Shinken - a few questions - what is the handle length and material? What is the weight and finally, what is written across the blade, I can't make it out :) Cheers!

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
The wood is She oak the length of the handle is 113mm and it has frosts laplander 90 made in sweden on it!

Will go weigh it

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good catch John - I had one of Ash's knives for a friend of mine - lovely knife at a great price!

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Why? I always miss these - I'm after one JUST like this - anyone got one anywhere else I'll have it. I've been teaching all morning and missed it.....

Damn....

Pardon the French, gutted.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
richeadon said:
Why? I always miss these - I'm after one JUST like this - anyone got one anywhere else I'll have it. I've been teaching all morning and missed it.....

Damn....

Speak nice to Shinken mate - I'm sure he will make one for you

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
richeadon said:

Damn....

Thought you were going to have a go at makeing yourself mate! ;)

anyway, give me a shout mate - I may be able to help you out if you are feeling impatient! :lmao:

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
I would recommend having a go yourselves if you have the confidence. Very satisfying using a knife you made yourself!

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Are the blades carbon or stainless - why do you rate them? I am looking to make my own, but I think it will be a while before I can do this level of stuff.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
I have already started - I await a couple of little blades from BB and am putting in an order with G4GHB for some more. I spent two enthralling hours on the metal lathe today (GCSE kids in exams) making aluminium and brass bolsters from some scrap bar, making them the right size and drilling a hole through the centre.

I am off to a local little shoe repair place this w/e to get some leather for the handle and sheath, and I have an array of wood to stack handles. The rasp and files are ready, with emery and brasso - and a couple of sheets of wet and dry. I will post any (decent) results.

I am well and truly hooked - I thought I would never be that bad again after spoons.

Doesn't beat a full tang 01 blade from a master though - one day.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
richeadon said:
I have already started -
Doesn't beat a full tang 01 blade from a master though - one day.

Nice one Richeadon,
You realise that you're already over the lip of a long and slippery slope :cool:
You might think that a blade from a master bladesmith is the ultimate but you can have a huge amount of fun making your own blades, have you seen "greenpete's" website? That inspired me to have a go and I haven't looked back since.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE