Bushy day with Mrs Copperhead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
My other half had showed some interest in this bushcraft malarky so we borrowed a dog and headed up to the woods.

Had a real nice time; she lit her first fire, had a go at roughing out a spoon from a billet, rigged up a tarp and cooked some lunch.

Happy days :D

001_zps9929b3c3.jpg

008_zps699f58c2.jpg

038_zps57d89fcd.jpg

021_zpsb7490d1c.jpg

053_zps8545e36e.jpg

Lifesabeech_zps1b71f3f0.jpg

047_zpsdda40a00.jpg

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Haha not sure she is ready for that yet, but she did say she would have a go at an overnighter with a hammock (with bug netting ;)).

I might have another go though, all these recent traditional kit list threads led to a small spending spree.

And yes it can go on the 'I blame Sam list' :D

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well I had some traditional style gear to add to it already but got that lavvu half, a Swedish M39 pack (leather and canvas), various leather pouches, a cool looking water bottle and some hemp rope. I'll put it all together when it arrives and post it up...

Might even get away for an overnighter next weekend for a test run.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Sounds good mate.
Got an overnighter myself next week to give set up a bit of a run. Although there will be more toys than boone kit list.
Nowt to stop mrs copperhead using mod cons whilst you rough it

That's a good point, small steps and all that. I'm just pleased she's willing to give it a go.

I also got one of the pipes cowboy had for sale so got a nice period luxury to go with the Boone kit list. Just doesn't seem right 'smoking' an Ecig round the campfire.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Always good to get the other half out as well, although I see you got her to do the cooking for you :rolleyes:

Well she need's the practice :D.....

Now where's that edit post button before I get a smack?

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Lucky man, my wife's idea of roughing it was when i purchased a brand new caravan, the great outdoors, i don't think so.

Rob

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Great pics kit!!!!

Iv got no chance gettin the wife out with me, she will just about suffer camping as long as there is a 5 star toilet and shower block lol!!

Atb
Steve

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks a great spot, how could she not have a great time?.........Have you started saving for all the lovely shiny kit she's gonna want ( no, need! ) just now?..............atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE