Bushman Brooks ????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Stumbled upon this yesterday on the internet.............

http://www.bushmanbrooks.com.au/index.html

Anyone else know anything about these guys?

The trailer for the site shows Mr Brooks creeping about in a ghillie suit with some kind of flash bow and arrow set up, hunting deer and the like in the northern Australian bush.

I guess bow hunting is lawful out there?

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
he seems a man of my own heart as i am a keen compound bowman,and wish we had the same opportunity and would love to bowhunt in the uk, but unfortunately and sadly its now illegall due to mindless morons with crossbows shooting swans ect.but in the next year or two plan a trip to croatia on wild boar

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Cheers for the link I have just ordered the DVD from the bay, £13.57 delivered looking forward to watching it, looks like it will be pretty good.

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
will do unfortunatly it might be quite a while until I do a review because as of next week I will be working overseas until January.

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Well my flight has been delayed and the DVD arrived this morning.

I must admit I througherly enjoyed it. It is very well put together and all the filming and editing is top notch.

I dont want to ruin it by saying exactly what is in the film, but it covers quite a lot. There is a bit of 4x4 action, little bits of bushcraft and bush tucker, stalking and lots of action of Dave and his Bow. He also talks about the ethics of hunting ie he eats what he kills etc.. Some of the shots he makes are pretty amazing as well especially the fishing!!!

I really do recommend this DVD if you are into the outdoors, which all of us are, it came with a nice letter saying they dont sell many copies to the UK and they would be intrested in knowing a bit more about hunting in the UK.

WARNING:
I should point out there is a lot of footage of the animals being shot with the bow, so if you dont like this sort of thing or you are a veggie it might not be for you. Also if you might be watching it with young children they may well find it upsetting. Although my opinion is kids should know that meat isn't born in a packet!!

The DVD can be bought direct on their site, or he sells them on ebay which is where I got it from.
10/10 from me I cant wait for the next DVD he brings out.

Regards John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE