Bushcrafty goals for 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Well....

• Got a new pack for xmas so currently playing rucksack Tetris trying to figure out how to fit my gear inside
  • Attend tribal gathering in England, mother sent up smoke signals yesterday announcing she's getting married again
  • Join the amateur radio club, not strictly a bushy thing but the wife worries and the budget wont stretch to a Delorme satellite text thingy
  • Re-handle a knife blank
  • Make a leather pouch or three
  • Find a route from Llanwrtyd Wells to the Llyn Brianne reservoir that doesn't involve a change of socks
  • More Botany and foraging
  • Stop carrying instant noodles and cook better meals

but above all my number one goal is to get home safely.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I've decided to make it a goal to camp out at least 25 nights this year and document them all by video. I've spent a long time gradually building up the kit and camera stuff to do it properly. I started filming a few bits last year that I hope to edit soon.

Really its about rekindling the skills I have already learnt but not practiced regularly and advancing them, learning new bits and enjoying our countryside.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
My goals for this year.

To get back to some semblance of fitness.
Spend more time with friends indoors and out.
Improve my outdoor cooking skills.
Build another clay pizza oven.
Spend 200 plus nights under canvas.
Canoe a wilderness river I haven't paddled before.
Write a least 1 article a week.

LadySmyth

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2017
UK
Managed to quit smoking last year so this year my bushcrafty aims are as follows:

Regain core strength

Improve general fitness

Carve myself a slingshot, then it's practice, practice, practice

Finish carving my ash staff

Get myself to the Bushmoot

Make new friends with like-minded people (love my friends here but they're either in another country which i can't afford to visit or they're sooo city and not really interested in the wild so much)

Take my grandaughter on an insect identifying walk with her dad (who does like the wild)

Draw and paint more... Kinda got stuck these last few years.

Attend to my spirit

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
More overnight trips
Stop buying more kit ( if only)
Try to improve my mushroom recognition to the point where I dare actually eat one.
If I can only nail the first one I 'll be a happy bunny:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE