Bushcrafting Supplies at St. Thomas Market in Helsinki

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Dog along with alpaca yarn products seems to be quite a hit nowadays in Finland. Here's some 100 % dog yarn products from the Market.

Dog_Yarn_Seller.jpg

Dog_Yarn_Seller_2.jpg

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Why aren't I there! Oh it looks like heaven! Thanks for that! :)

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
That's just not fair! I thought membership of the EU was supposed to bring equality.

My local Christmas market is supposed to be a German one - stuff that, I want a Finnish market next year!

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I love Suomi every time I visit, and not too long to fly (about 3 hours from London). If only I could blag a trip with work, I know where I would be spending my money!

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Was very similar on the harbourside in September I was looking for hand forged blades but the only guy who did them only sold knives not blades.

I am sure I recognise the knife stall. The food stalls wre great then too.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
St. Thomas Market will be held between 8 and 21 December 2014. Hopefully I will be able to document the market also this year. Meanwhile, do enjoy the photographs from the previous years! If you are interested of the handicrafts shown on the photographs, please let me know.

Last edited:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Some reindeer and moose related products from this year's market.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Products made out of fish leather, mainly from burbot and salmon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
It was quite a culture shock to find good knives for sale on market stalls the first time we went to Helsinki. I love those little woven splint baskets, I did a basketmaking course this year and I'm enjoying playing with the craft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE