Bushcrafting in USA?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rjbaal

Feb 3, 2005
Northeast USA
Is there a US based website similar to BCUK? As a yank I am suprised that I cannot find something similar. While there are many survival sites, they seem to be of a survivalist/miltary/tactical nature.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
OM is Euro based with many american members,

you can try osf
part of KnifeForums.com
and
Woodcraft forums is another US site..

there are others.. URLs dont spring to mind, why not contact some of our US members, i kow Big-Target is a member of lots of other sites.

Sad to say but most of the US forums do have a "Survivalist'',or "Military'slant to them.You can do what I do and sort out what would work for you in your area and under your circumstances.That's why I really love this forum,straight-forward,no non-sense Bushcraft/Woodcraft skills!

I have learned something from every one of the forums I have visited by keeping an open mind and adapting tips and skills to my location. :)

Absorb what is useful-reject what is useless!

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I've wandered into quite a few websites that discuss the techniques used by the old time backwoodsmen, trappers and early settlers.

There seem to be quite a few archaeological and historical groups, especially around the north eastern states (where the original European colonies were founded) and in Canada and the Great Lakes region, that research this sort of thing.

There also seems to be interest out further west into mule packing and the gold rush settlers, and in the wagon-train pioneers.

Even though it might seem a bit "Little house on the prairie" at first glance, I think that much of this ties in tightly with bushcraft.

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE