Bushcrafting at Centre Parcs, Elvedon.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
No no no, you can't all go slinging hammocks and pitching tarps. Sorry.
Been there for a week, just got back. They did a Bushcraft Activity for £10 for 2 hrs. So I thought I would give it a go. As I didn't fancy abseilling, climbing, paintballing etc. The lads loved that though.
Back to Bushcrafting. Brilliant. The instructor, Rob Bevington,was excellent. He asked a question at the start. "What is the most important thing for bushcrafting/survival" He then took us all on this 2 hr walk round the park. Pointing out various trees and there uses, edible plants, how to make a toothbrush. He then showed us some tracking, how to creep up on animals using a stout pole to help you walk silently. Listening for various sounds, with eyes shut and mouth open. A gillie suit, brill bit of kit that. I want one!!!.
We then found some flint and had a quick demo of flint knapping. Unfortunatly we couldn't have a go. (damn health & safety)( I went back later and picked up a few large pieces, Sorry Rob!!)
All in all a very imformative 2 hrs, pity it wasn't longer. Like all week. That guys knowledge was endless. Absolutly brilliant

The animals were brill as well, red squirells feeding of the patio and muntjak deer as well. Pity we couldn't afford a second week.

RedatElvedon.jpg

We eventually got one into the villa.

Red4atElvedon.jpg

Try as we may we couldn't get this in though.

Muntjak2atCentreParcs.jpg

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
I did that about two years ago, i did similar, a tree walk (they showed us how to make a toothbrush too) and shelter building. Everyone enjoyed it.
George

robwolf

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2008
thetford norfolk
hi wanderinstar
tanks for what you said about my walk and no probs about the flint we have plenty at the site just try not to cut yourself too badly

As a founder member of Rob's fan club i must say his knowledge has increased year on year. He always presents his topic in a interesting and educational manner.

It is to Centre Parc's credit that they have recognized his knowledge and skills and have allowed him to create & present his bush craft walk.

He also gives talks and demonstrations’ at West Stow where he does day long seminars.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I have learned a lot of my bushcraft at Elvedon Center Parcs. Haven't been there for years. When the family were younger they and Anne would do the swimming, suana bit and I would prowl the perimeter fence learning about various plants, taking back samples to char on the fire etc. Glad to hear it is more available now with some leading.

Tiger Eyes

Dec 3, 2007
Norfolk
As a founder member of Rob's fan club i must say his knowledge has increased year on year. He always presents his topic in a interesting and educational manner.

It is to Centre Parc's credit that they have recognized his knowledge and skills and have allowed him to create & present his bush craft walk.

He also gives talks and demonstrations’ at West Stow where he does day long seminars.

Is there somewhere that I can get more info on the West Stow demo's as staying at cetreparks would be way beyond our budget

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE