Bushcraft Ventures - Scotland

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've just been bought some vouchers for the above company and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
No but the website and what's in it seem to be ok.

Have to say that i've never seen them advertised personally but that goes for nothing really.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I didn't make it but a few from up this way went to his 2 day Axe workshop and from what I can gather, were very happy. You could PM Dingus Magee as he organised it- I think he was offered a "no frills" course to keep the cost down too.

As KP said a few of us (me, Dingus Magee, daveblack and charleslockerbie) from up here went on a no frills axe workshop weekend back in November. Dingus had managed to arrange a cheaper price but as said it was no frills, so all Lawerence (the instructor) provided were the parachute, a place, tea, biscuits and tuition (from what I remember).
I found the course pretty good, and the instructor very good as well.

I was looking to go on their week long advanced 9 day course but he is already fully booked. So I have managed to get a booking down with woodsmoke again.

I also had a chat with Lawrence and it seems he may be willing to do the same again with a course put on for a few of us in the no frills style. So we could have another workshop later this year, I can drop you a message if we do.
If you have any specific questions give me a shout.

Do you know what course you are going on?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
No not yet, after my recent attempt with an axe and the the consequental bandage on my finger the axe course is a favourite. I wouldn't mind the foundation course either but do drop me a line. Cheers bud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE