Bushcraft/survival in films

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
I know of very few films that are any good and have a bushcrafty/outdoor link in them, could anyone else help me compile a list? So far, I have got:

The Edge
Castaway
Deliverance
The River Wild
Jeremiah Johnson

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Grey Owl the film

there is one with Anthony Hopkins in where he spears a bear, but i forget what it is called so you may have listed it already.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon Mawer said:
I know of very few films that are any good and have a bushcrafty/outdoor link in them, could anyone else help me compile a list? So far, I have got:

<snip>
Deliverance

If I ever turn up to a meet and find Jon pickin a banjo, I'm gonna know that Bushcraft isn't for me!

<visions of waking in a bivvy to "squeal piggy squeal" >

:lmao: :yikes: :yuck: :yuck:

Sorry Jon - I'll get me coat

Red

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
The Hunted

Was on the tele a few weeks ago. Tommy lee Jones and Benito del toro (or whatever his name is) Tommy even flint naps a knife!

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
sam_acw said:
I think the Hopkins film is "The Edge".
There is a list of these things on the primitiveways website.

Yes, it is. I'll check the site out. Forgot about Crocodile Dundee, don't know why, because its an ace film....

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Adventures of Yellow Dog, Far From Home. Made in British Columbia beautiful forest area. Good skills and fun to watch. One of my favorites.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE