Bushcraft / survival courses or companies in Norfolk?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SI-Den

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2011
Norfolk
So, does anyone know of any bushcraft / survival type courses or companies that are located in Norfolk??

I'm keen to find out out for a couple of reasons: 1) to see about going on a course to see what it's all about etc & 2) to make contact and ask about what they look for in an instructor / volunteer instructor

If there are any, I'd be interested in hearing peoples thoughts & views on them!

Thanks for any help

Den

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Den

Try the canoeman, he is on the web and works out of Wroxham, they also have a shop there. he does canoe trips around the broads and runs courses and courses with canoe trips combined.

D

SI-Den

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2011
Norfolk
Thanks for the reply,

Is this the only one in in Norfolk folks know about?

Google threw up a couple just now, including the canoeman, so i'll make a couple of calls an send some e-mails an go from there.

Den

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
My mum lives in Brandon, last time we were there we went into Thetford Forest visitor centre area, and there was a company offering 'survival' courses in the forest. They had a gazebo set-up and a few blokes looking like bushcrafty. Sorry can't remember the name, but maybe get in touch with Thetford Forest rangers and see if they can help you.

SI-Den

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2011
Norfolk
Thanks guys,

Google has turned up another Norfolk company: SAS-GO anyone know anything about them?

Although their site only mentions 2010 dates......

Den

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Hi ya mate, don't know of many providers in Norfolk, maybe chance for the Norfolk guys to pitch up, would be great to hear from you.

I would say though if you're happy to invest a few quid and time in travel, check out the courses that Tony and Woody are doing, not done them myself, but I'm sure you'll benefit from them ! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE