Bushcraft pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 16, 2014
Aberdeenshire
Hello folks

I am newbie to the forum so be gentle.

I am trying to put together a survival/bushcraft pouch for when I go fishing etc. I have looked on YouTube and there are lots of folks kits using maxpedition pouches which I really like the look of.

The challenge that I have set myself is to put a kit together for £30 which is proving challenging! Does anyone have any ideas of where I can source stuff or what I should put in it. I have a list on my wish list which it will post later.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dieseler

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Greetings from down the road.

If it's a leather pouch you're after, settee leather is easily obtained. Skin a dead one at the dump or side of the road. Big circle with holes around perimeter and a bit paracord. Good to get you going.

Some sort of Swedish striker or just matches and a lighter for cheapness.

Birch bark is a nice natural tinder, plentiful and foc. Cotton wool balls are very cheap. Dipped in melted candle wax are excellent.

What sort of things did you have in mind?

Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
Hello and welcome.
I used to have a little pouch like that, I reckon in it you should put a first aid kit, some fire lighting tools (lie what has been previously said, a Swiss Army knife or a mora, depending on if you want it to be EDC (every day carry) or not, and some cheap or genuine para cord.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here.

I don't carry a pouch but in the pocket of my EDC rucsac I carry a SAK, button compass and tiny maglite all tied together with a length of paracord. Takes up next to no space and has come in pretty handy at times. (Mainly the torch and SAK)

Aug 27, 2012
UK
Ive gone full circle bag wise. Starting with cheap rucksacks moved toward expensive maxpedition bags, just ended up selling it all. now I carry a canvas sack an a kleine leder tache fur miene ... Er belt. Looks a bit like a purse lol but far more manly. Simple ways is best. Basically don't carry anything except the little leather bag and !my lunch box to work 😁

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE