Bushcraft Music

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

theorsmeister

Whenever I go out bushcrafting, I often have my walkman with me.

Thought I'd post a thread on what is the best album for bushcraft.

Kinda unrelated but what the hey!!

I reckon its Led Zep IV, mystical and outdoorsy, written in a mansion overlooking a forest plus it has Stairway,

Looking 4ward 2 hearing from u all,

!!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
You can never go wrong with Led Zep...

But I don't listen to music when I'm out there I might miss something, But the iPod Shuffle is always handy for journey time, it's good to be able to filter out any piped muzak, inane background conversations and to discourage idle chit chat.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I don't listen to music while I'm out and about....far too many other things to listen too....

I'd like to say that I enjoy listening to the dawn chorus......but those who know me, know I'm never up that early! lol :D

Bam.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
bambodoggy said:
II'd like to say that I enjoy listening to the dawn chorus......but those who know me, know I'm never up that early!
I hate to disappoint you mate, but that'd be the birds returning to roost!!! :D

Likewise, I only listen to music when I'm in towns. Which is most of the time :( It helps me escape the "urban coma." When I'm out and about, there's far too much going on for me to want to listen to music.

Martin

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
shinobi said:
Likewise, I only listen to music when I'm in towns. Which is most of the time :( It helps me escape the "urban coma." When I'm out and about, there's far too much going on for me to want to listen to music.

Martin

Same here... The time out in the wilderness is too precious for me to spoil with music, and I really like the silence and bird song.

BUT if I were to listen on some music I would propably select something Classical ( sorry, not the Led Zeppelin kind of classical ;) )

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Town - iPod Shuffle.
Woods - Just ears ;)

Have you found the Bushcraft Anthems thread? Lots of interesting contributions.
Stairway to Heaven - Very nice :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't like listening to music when I'm out and about except when in town where it helps to calm the rush of traffic and frantic people. I've got a selection from Henry Fosebrook and the Woodland Orchestra that I'm enjoying just now, seems appropriate too :D

Cheers,
Toddy

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
used to play the flute in an orchastra during my school years - since then, have played sax but am thinking of taking the flute up again, some of the tunes I used to play, I feel would fit into the outdoor environment - If I played in tune.

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
Led Zep IV or Led Zep III must rank highly (in Rome?), but for me sitting on a hill watching the sun rise to Pink Floyds "Shine on you crazy diamond" hits the spot. :cool: I recommend it if you get the chance. You'll never forget it.
Failing that any Jethro Tull will do for me. Just call me an old hippy! ;)

Bonzo

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
bambodoggy said:
I don't listen to music while I'm out and about....far too many other things to listen too....

I'd like to say that I enjoy listening to the dawn chorus......but those who know me, know I'm never up that early! lol :D

Bam.
Have to agree. Just watching the fire beats TV into the ground :)

Shepherd

Tenderfoot
OK.. so you have set up camp and the fire is roaring.. Night is setting in and for a change you are sat with friends...

What about making your own music...?

How about we get together and record a Bushcraft CD? A spontanious improvised jam around the campfire recorded on a minidisc and incorporating all the nateral sounds of the wilderness and stories from those present...

Only acoustic instruments allowed.

I play harmonica and sing... :)

Anyone else...?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE