bushcraft in derby

May 11, 2012
derby
hi i would like to intriduce my self to the forums, my name is wayne, im 24 years old and i have recently found the love of bushcraft and wild camping. i live in the derby (chaddesden) area but i am struggling to find places to practice my skills and areas to wild camp. friends of mine dont really have an interest in bushcraft/wild camping seeing as they dont like to get a bit muddy, so meeting new people would be a bonus. any information would be much appreciated.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi mate theres alot of lovely woodland over swarkstone bridge cant remember the area is it tipton tiknal or something like that

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Oh my god! I didnt know there was a bushcraft show at ELVASTON castle!! Ahhhhh!! Do you have to pay to get into the show? I know the castle itself is free. Is anyone off here going? :)

May 11, 2012
derby
the bushcraft show at elvaston castle is £25 on the gate or £20 in advance. me and my other half are looking at going on the saturday. should be fun

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
One of our very own; Addo will be there giving demonstrations as well. He taught me the bow drill and I can't recommend going to watch him enough.
I (think) Saturday pm will be a goer for me, maybe we can all have a beer if there's an ale tent?

May 11, 2012
derby
id just like to thank you all for the welcome response and a beer at the show sounds like a definite plan lol. i went to chaddesden woods just to practice setting up a tarp and a few passers by were pretty good with the idea of a young person getting out and enjoying the ouydoirs instead of sat at home on a computer all day long but a few members of the local charity didnt quite like the idea thinking id be messing uk the woods and damaging things but when i was leaving you couldnt tell id even been there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE