Bushcraft Girl stormdances on alpine lake with SUP

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Mad as ever, that almosts looks local to me with that type of weather

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I am sitting here literally praying for rain, maybe i need to do a dance too, my river is now at 35cm deep at my local monitor station, on friday it was 42cm and there was so many times i had to get out and walk through the water with my boat my feet are sore from all the pebbles on the river bed poking into my wetsuit boots

I am sitting here literally praying for rain, maybe i need to do a dance too, my river is now at 35cm deep at my local monitor station, on friday it was 42cm and there was so many times i had to get out and walk through the water with my boat my feet are sore from all the pebbles on the river bed poking into my wetsuit boots

Haha - I know that feeling. My red board I use on the river and it drafts less than 5cm. Handy. :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I would love to SUP but with my back problems standing on terra firma is sometimes a challenge, i bet is is an amazing core workout standing on one of those paddling all day, they look great fun in the surf zone too for those with the skills to stay on it long enough

Unfortunately the local monitor station closest to my area is in a deep section and at many parts even 5cm would have been scraping off the rocks, still great fun but getting in and out of the boat into and out of the water all day is very exhausting, feels great now 4 days later

I would love to SUP but with my back problems standing on terra firma is sometimes a challenge, i bet is is an amazing core workout standing on one of those paddling all day, they look great fun in the surf zone too for those with the skills to stay on it long enough

Unfortunately the local monitor station closest to my area is in a deep section and at many parts even 5cm would have been scraping off the rocks, still great fun but getting in and out of the boat into and out of the water all day is very exhausting, feels great now 4 days later

Amazing thing is that the SUP actually fixed my pretty serious back problem. I could not even bend to tie my shoe laces. Of course it depends on what issues you have but I can tell you the things are VERY therapeutic. Just talking about flatwater here. None of that flashing wave carving stuff..

:)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
At some point when i get the chance i'm gonna hire a SUP for some flat water use, I'm finding regular kayaking is doing amazing things for my internal core muscles I guess time will tell if it helps my back improve, on land i have adopted the tortoise style of movement and travelling, slow and steady gets me there eventually.

I'm in the middle of planning my first long distance (for me anyway) solo expedition of sorts, 96 mile through the Scottish Highlands on foot on the West Highland Way, no technology other than a camera and a water purification system.

At some point when i get the chance i'm gonna hire a SUP for some flat water use, I'm finding regular kayaking is doing amazing things for my internal core muscles I guess time will tell if it helps my back improve, on land i have adopted the tortoise style of movement and travelling, slow and steady gets me there eventually.

I'm in the middle of planning my first long distance (for me anyway) solo expedition of sorts, 96 mile through the Scottish Highlands on foot on the West Highland Way, no technology other than a camera and a water purification system.

West Highland Way is awesome. AWESOME....

SUP and any sort of water-based thing is just so good for your core. And of course you can carry more luxuries without hurting yourself in any way.

I like both slow and fast movements in the terrain. Slow and luxurious and stopping plenty to film and look at bugs and plants and landscapes, and medium weight pack with all sorts of goodies.

But also zippidee-doo-dah fast and light.

Just a different thing...

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE