Bushcraft Folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bushmanuk

My prototype for a new folding bushcraft/utility knife. The HIDE AWAY.
Linerlock with 3 1/2" blade in 01 tool steel. nickel silver bolsters and English walnut handle scales.
Hide%20away4.jpg

Hide%20away5.jpg

Not intended as a primary tool but more as a back up or for days out.
More pics are available on my website.
http://www.bushmanuk.co.uk

Paul.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Nice one Paul, your quite a craftsman. Have you used it yet?

B

bushmanuk

Thanks Jake, It has had a thorough workout and does most of what my fixed blades can do, though some things not quite as well because of the smaller blade size.

Paul.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yabaa dabba dabba dooo! gary and i are looking for such a tool!! ill be your first customer for 2 of these jobbys gimme a shout when you wanna trial it JP :wink: :wave:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Very nice! BTW, I've been whittling on some sassafrass with your Bushman and Scout. Ya got a good heat treat on those suckers. :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I really like your knives! And this one too. I looked at some folders the other day, but were unable to find a decent one. But this one looks perfect: just the kind of blade shape and handle design I was after. :biggthump :biggthump

B

bushmanuk

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement, your comments are much appreciated.

JP. I will be starting a small production run of ten of these as soon as I get the details right, I have some small adjustments to make, and as of yet I have not finalised material for the liners. I will be using the DR presision pivots on these as in my opinion are the best in the business. As soon as the first is completed and I am 100% happy with it, you will be welcome to trial it, pass it around or do your worst with it. You will have to keep badgering me as my mind is worse than a sive.

I have not put a price on yet, but expect MEGGA BUCKS :wave: , no seriously I will try to keep the cost to a minimumn.

Hoodoo, Its always worried me when differential heat treating with water quentching so I am pleased you are happy with the heat treat on yours.
I have now made up some copper plates, and clamp these to the blade and quench in oil; I am now getting a consistant rc of 59, the copper insulates enough to keep the triple zone. bent to 45% the blade will spring back straight, at 90% the blade had a slight bend, I straightened with a hammer and no ill affects apart from a few marks, so should be tough enough.

Anyway, keep the comments coming.

Paul.

http://www.bushmanuk.co.uk

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Top smith, Highly rated! I have his Bushman Graduate, i've written a review in the Edged Tools section if you want an idea of his workmanship etc.

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
PM me when you have a price and (god willing) I will take one of the first run off yer hands (although I am sure competition will be high!!).

Looks like a great knife!!

Keep me posted.

G:

B

bushmanuk

OK.

I now have my jigs and templates made, and I will be starting on a first batch soon. The first two will have full scales in black G10,and no bolsters. These will be offered for review/passaround, One here on BcUk,and the other on BB. I still have not fixed a price but it will be below three figures, depending on spec.I will try to add a pic tommorrow if I have time.

Paul.
bushmanuk.co.uk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE