bushcraft fishing kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I find a 4 1/2 foot shakespear 4 piece rod and a small reel with 'twistbuster' does the job, 2 kilo line. I use small bladed lures, in small creeks I was catching up to 30 fish in an afternoon but was killing the odd one with the treble hooks so I took up fly fishing. it is rare to kill one now. I also find it more satisfying. Don't catch anywhere near as many trout but they are bigger usually. This is in Aust. The fish tend to be wild bred and no one owns the fishing rights, don't know how practical small creek fishing would be in UK.

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Shewie...

I caught this on 3kg line a few weeks ago...

salmonmine.jpg

On line of at least 3kg you can land BIG fish like my salmon here at 15lb if you take your time. I couldn't have done that on 2lb line. On 2lb line I'd lose nearly every spinner that would catch on weed or the odd rock and I'd never land a big one if I got lucky. Going up to 3kg line gives you more chance of recovering your spinners and if you go to braid, you'll bend the hook straight before losing the line so it's even better cos you can always bend a straightened hook. There is no point in making your fishing harder when a few easy thought out preps can make it go well in your favour. And by the way this was caught on rod that cost me £12 from go outdoors...:lmao: and a size 2 silver vibrax spinner that cost £3. So good fishing doesn't need to be expensive...:lmao:

Oh and by the way, the reason the photo is chopped...I don't want anyone to recognise where I got it or I'll be fighting all you lot off the next time I'm there!:lmao:

Now thats a real fish. I take my hat off to you.
I bet that fought well, even on 8lb line.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Bought a fishing pole from Poundland yesterday - I think just out of curiosity. Not sure what I expected, but it seems the answer was in the description and it is for pole fishing without a reel. With a tiny ring on the end of a very thin tip I might just tie something on and whip it about for a bit and see what happens (said the bishop to the actress) or maybe just return it and get my £1 back - which could be a first for Poundland.

Last edited:

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
made me a few skateboard wheel hand lines the wheel comes of to use with the bow and drill set for fire lighting:)first one the hooks and float and weights are in the handle runs very smooth down stream ;)

handline2.jpg

handline.jpg

handline-1.jpg

Jericho

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2010
N.Wales
or maybe just return it and get my £1 back - which could be a first for Poundland.

You'd be surprised.
I bought some boxers from there (yeah, yeah, i know.I should be knitting my own, out of nettles or something, but...), the till girl said "there's no return on those".
"People return stuff"?
"All the time" she says! :rolleyes:

Now thats a real fish. I take my hat off to you.
I bet that fought well, even on 8lb line.

Thanks:D it took around 30 mins. To be honest I just let it run and reeled the line in when I could without straining it. I got a shock when I seen how big it was when I landed it. That's the thing about really wild fishing. Fishing where folk don't really go, you never know what you're gonna get. Salmon were not supposed to be running this wee stream. I've kept it secret:rolleyes::rolleyes: just incase...lol

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
You'd be surprised.
I bought some boxers from there (yeah, yeah, i know.I should be knitting my own, out of nettles or something...:rolleyes:

If they've got POUNDLAND printed all over them, then I'd probably buy some just to wow the women and all that. 8]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE