Bushcraft clothing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SunDog

Forager
Oct 14, 2005
South Coast
Just thinking about this time of year, low temperatures, weather, wind chill etc.
Here's the neumonic for keeping warm in relation to the clothes you wear:
" C O L D "

keep clothing Clean.
avoid Overheating.
dress loosely and in Layers.
keep clothing Dry.

Self explanatory really, the layer principle in clothing has been around for some time and is proven to work, easier to regulate (adjusting amount of items you have on) to suit what you are doing and to avoid sweating too much. And keeping the pores of the clothing open and unclogged help it function properly.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Boots Karrimor KSB's, trousers pair of Lightweights, top cotton T shirt, Swanni ranger shirt and my ventile smock, on my head either 1 of 3 Aussy bush hat, baseball cap or a furry hat thing (like a rusky one)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Snufkin said:
Hilltrek do a reasonable ventile smock (it's gone up £20 since I got mine). I've had mine going strong for well over year, possibly two, with no complaints.
I buy a lot of gear from these guys. I live near to where they are based. They are really nice people. I have looked at their ventile stuff and its very good. They make it on the premises and can do both single and double ventile on most things. They will be quite happy to talk to you over your own designs and have made one offs quite a few times.Better say that I have no connection with them other than a customer. :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Another top bit of clothing is the Swedish Army shirt. Green (very important), made from cotton, two buttons on the front but fantastically comfortable, prctical and hardwearing. All this for about £10 - much better value than the frequently over-pocketed, pricier stuff that seems to be taking over the world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE