Bushcraft and Scouts Milestone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
We're thinking of getting some more sheath knives for bigger stuff now everyone has got used to the idea of carving. Vicky

Good stuff! I'd definitely recomend getting some Moras and retiring the pen knives- you should find them a lot safer with a blade that can't close on the fingers and a much more secure grip. The perception amoungst parents though will be quite the opposite, so you may need to do some educating in that sector!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Good stuff! I'd definitely recomend getting some Moras and retiring the pen knives- you should find them a lot safer with a blade that can't close on the fingers and a much more secure grip. The perception amoungst parents though will be quite the opposite, so you may need to do some educating in that sector!

The whole ethos of our group is "outside" and the skills needed to live comfortably without the frills of the cyber age...parents are aware of this from the start, and accept it as a given that sharp things and dead things play a major role in our teaching...

a box of Moras goes with us whenever we're out, and the scouts know that any misuse and they lose privileges for the period of that camp. that said, I rarely have to enforce it. No first aid kit, no sharp...

march11086.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE