Bushcraft and France

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Hello all, My parents have just moved to the south of France and i am planning on taking a trip over to see them in the new year. My question is, is there anything for the bushcrafter in france? by this i mean any really good places to camp or any really good kit that is only available over there?

Basically anything i can tie in with my trip over to see them to make it a little more exciting?;)

Appreciate your opinions!:D

Dan

Trail Runner

Nov 2, 2008
Larzac Plateau, France
Hi Dan, where are you going to be in France?

Sorry I can't give you much of what your after atm... I got my hammock and tarp delivered yesterday, my puukko and para cord today and the fire steel comes tomorrow :D :D :D

I did sneak out this afternoon for a trial before I head off alone into the night...

There's a few pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/RunDxWorld/HammockTarpAndFrenchOnionSoup#

Now... I don't know where you're heading, we're about 20 minutes south of Millau, but I'd be up for a meet; let me know.

John

jean baptiste

Tenderfoot
hi
well in france you can have a night every where (some place is not ok but there are not a lot ) you are yo have just to e ready to live the place at the morning (just ready to leave not leave )
i' come back i search a translater ...

jean baptiste

Tenderfoot
then drill can take hiking trails and away from the trail to spread camp for some days is not allowed, but not prohibited either if you leave the place like you find it it's ok
in the south of france the fire is forbidden in summer, autumn and winter is more or less allowed
we must show that we are responsible with water and sand nearby, and space for the lights nicely
in the south if we fire we can expect to see coming foresters,therefore remain courteous arange it right

Trail Runner

Nov 2, 2008
Larzac Plateau, France
Merci Jean Baptiste.

I spent the afternoon out on the Larzac Causse today with my 2 youngest lads...we had a fine time. We put the hammock up for practice, struggled with the tarp in gusty wind and made a fire to make hot drinks. There was a lot of smoke in the beginning but we avoided being 'found'.
The only worry was the sound of close gunfire from hunting activities: in all though, a memorable afternoon :)

A+

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE