bush pot

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
hm guys I am thinking to get a bush pot , currently I have a 0.5 liter sigg water bottle (cant boil water in it) US mess kit and US cup , I think I am carrying extra weight with less abilities with them , I am thinking of getting a kleen kanteen stainless water bottle and a cup in which it could sit and they would both go in my bush belt and it would be complete , I also want to change my mess kit with a bush pot which will have a hanger loop on it , if it will have butterfly handles it would be a big plus , can you guys suggest what pot should I get ? Yes the Mors pot and other top ones on amazon are good but man they are expensive , I can't pay 40$ in a pot , at list now and near future. Do you goes now where can I buy a simple stainless pot with a hanger for 10-15$ ?
I also am not sure about what I want to have as my mess kit , can I see what you guys have ?
Thanks

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
For me, Zebra springs to mind. I like my MORS pot but find I am not using it as much as the nesting cup sets (with Stanley pot) and my recently acquired Swedish army mess kit. I am due to be out again soon so will try and re-acquaint myself with it.

Thanks
Tim B

For somethin similar to a mors pot google mucket which is a US civil War pot
It should be cheaper than a mors pot but i dunno what postage to you will bump it upto price wise.

My currant cook kit is
1 crusader cup
1 crusader messtin
1 snow peak kettle
This allows boiling fryin and coffee all at once
The crusader cup can be used as bowl or to reheat boil in bag rat pack type meals
Crusader mess tin- lid can be plate/small frying pan/choppin board main part of mess tin is a deeper fry pan
Snow peak kettle can boil water for purification/decent sized coffee/make stews etc
I may also have a kupilka kuksa for drinking from if the crusader mug is being used

Consider what you can make from the woods too.
Bannock,sausages,fish,steaks,chicken/birds can all be cooked using wood as the cooking implements

I think i follow you on Instagram if so i would highly recommend you hunt out an instagram account by the name Married2Nature. He has a lot of images with "from the forest" cookin utensils

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If it is only a pot you want, could you find a an aluminium pot for the kitchen and adopt it?
Or am I misunderstanding you?
Also you have the various European Armies' one man pots.
Google " snuskburk" and you will see what it is. But those are a bit more expensive, plus the shipping....

Bushcraft Yukon

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Canada
I have used Tatonka's Stainless Steel Kettle in various sizes over the years and like them a lot! They have a 1 l version which is a great pot for the solo hiker/woods bummer. They are much cheaper!

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
+1 for Tatonka stainless steel.
I have the 1.6 Ltr and its brilliant.
The loop handle is optionally lockable , the lid can be used as a frying pan + the handle for the lid is easy to fit/remove and lightweight.
Not sure about the prices in the US but here in UK , they're reasonable...
Here's a link with a choice of pot sizes, dimensions and description etc....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...C_UL100_SR100,78_&refRID=FVW4MXBE51K8J4RAFNDN

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
I use a Primus LiTech kettle. 1ltr, non-stick coating which is very durable, has butterfly handles and a frying pan lid.

Packing inside is the following:

Folding Ti spork
four small pots each containing: salt, cinnemon, chilli flakes, garlic powder
small sponge
a small pot containing 2 cups of self raising flour
2 x 3in1 coffee sachets
a 100g pack of Biltong

Do you goes now where can I buy a simple stainless pot with a hanger for 10-15$ ?

what about getting a pot from a local household shop or market and removing the plastic handles?! the little pieces where the plastic handles screw on should allow to attach a bail....

personally i'm using a 14cm zebra billy (which i paid 42AU$ for-- prices in darwin and the rest of the NT can be hefty.....) to replace my tatonka kettle in 2008--- inside i carry 3 120mm handlines (because they fit conveniently:rolleyes:), a container with salt ( some of it (= the bottom) is there since i harvested it during my last trip to THE Kangaroo Island) ,a pot hook and the cool can opener i dug out of a mountain trail in Japan....

i also carry my500ml kleen canteen plus hook in a homemade shoulder carrier, NATO water bottle with ADF cup in a PLCEpouch i picked up in Christchurch before the earthquake flattened the shop, spoon and korean chopsticks ( in selfmade container)....

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
I'm cleaning my garage out due to moving. I've got a billy can you can have if you pm me? Its been well used, but its got decades of life left. I replaced the bail handle with wire. comes with two bowls inside it and has a lid, all made out of stainless steel. about 1ltrcapacity.

anyways, if you pm me your address i will pack it up and post it to you, no worries.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I'm cleaning my garage out due to moving. I've got a billy can you can have if you pm me? Its been well used, but its got decades of life left. I replaced the bail handle with wire. comes with two bowls inside it and has a lid, all made out of stainless steel. about 1ltrcapacity.

anyways, if you pm me your address i will pack it up and post it to you, no worries.
Damn decent of you! Generous offer sir!

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia

PM coming :)

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland

As said by Leshy, a generous offer from barbourdurham.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE