Bus stop bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Bushcraft is all around...

There is a bit of grass by my morning bus stop that is kept cut short by the council. I've identified a few plants in it and the nearest trees. This morning I noticed that there are a couple of Yarrow plants.

Plant ID
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
Broad Leaf Plantain (Plantago major)
Chickweed (Stellaria media)
Pineapple weed (Chamomilla sauveolens)
Yarrow (Achillea milliefollium)

Tree ID
Norway Maple (Acer platanoides)
Elm (Ulmus spp.) Not sure which one.
Rowan (Sorbus aucuparia)
Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus)

What is going on at your bus stop this month?

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Superb idea for a thread, love it!

Off the top of my head there's Hawthron, Midland Hawthorn and Blackthorn in the hedge by my stop, with a sea of Hedge Garlic growing underneath it. Brambles have just started poking through the hedge too, but other than that I can't think of a great deal that's growing there at the moment. I know there was Yarrow there earlier in the year as well as Hairy Bittercress and Herb Robert but I think everything's been smothered by the Hedge Garlic for the time being.

I'm sure there's loads more but I've not been up long and the old brain's not quiet got up to speed yet :)

Cheers,

Stuart.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Bus didn't turn up this morning so I had a look a bit further away from the bus stop.

On the edge of the bit of ground around some flats.

Elder (Sambucus nigra)
Ash (Fraxinus excelsior)
Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus)

Think there was also a Shepherds Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris) in the bit of grass.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE