Bungee lathe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've always fancied a pole lathe or similar so bit the bullet today when nipping into the workshop as I am once a week to check it over during this lockdown period and knocked this out.

Still needs some adjustments but the principal is there....need to sharpen my turning chisels too!!
6732f5c6ebb6f556d2f9bedb59bff865.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Curses! Just when I thought I was nearing the end of my 'to do' list, you go and produce that! It is one of the things I have been meaning to try and make for a while, having loved the pole lathe turning process on a friend's set-up. Looks as though a trip to the builder's merchant is on the cards...

Great set-up, by the way. What size and how much bungee did you buy to make that?

Reactions: Toddy

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Curses! Just when I thought I was nearing the end of my 'to do' list, you go and produce that! It is one of the things I have been meaning to try and make for a while, having loved the pole lathe turning process on a friend's set-up. Looks as though a trip to the builder's merchant is on the cards...

Great set-up, by the way. What size and how much bungee did you buy to make that?
Haha, yes, I can always find another project too! I'm going to get it set up a bit better this weekend and try and work some greenish cherry I've got :)

I'll measure the length and thickness of the bungee and let you know....it was just a roll I had at work so don't know off the top of my head.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Really nice looking and looks like it doesn't take up too much space. Any rough plans?
Unfortunately only in my head! Basically 4' wide, 7' high and a 2' foot. The horizontals are made from 4"x1.5" other main bits are 3x2. I can take more measurements tomorrow if you want?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE