Bummer! I'm in the naughty corner.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Im in the naughty corner too. I have had too much kit arriving and i have just moved in with SWMBO so where as before i could just get it and stick it in the loft now i have to mugg the postie before he arrives and usually i miss him :lmao:

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
How about I ordered it for a guys whos not on line. Then you go to a few stores over a few days, get the sum back in 'cash back' then give it to the other half with a 'heres the money off that guy, do what you like with it'.

Works every time.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i got an easy way around the problem i get her or my daughter to by the things i want for farthers day birthdays and xmas no naughty corner for me :)

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
I have my gear sent to my business. :p

But how about taking the naughty out of the corner and into the bedroom after making a date to take her on a shopping spree of equal value to your gear?

When I bought my Breitling, I immediately gave my wife a shopping spree date without the kids. This was before I even took possession of my watch. Worked like a charm. My wife didn't even spend her allotted amount and I ended up with some nice clothes too. ;)

After she got all her stuff, I picked up my watch a day or two later.

Just remember, when you lose your way or plan to lose your way, use the STOP approach. The key component is the schem...er, planning phase. Which is great because you can do it while rehydrating with your favorite beverage and observing the wildlife. Here in Hawaii, there is a lot of scantily clad wildlife so rehydrating can be very enjoyable. Breathing with your mouth open and tongue hanging out while your eyes are bulging can dry you out. :eek: Not to mention scare the native fauna.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I have agreed to cut back on buying kit, which is ok by me as I pretty much have everything I want (apart from maybe a Trangia..).

But I do like getting new stuff to play with, somehow buying a new door or fireplace for the house isn't quite so satisfying. :rolleyes:

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Yeah, I was on my there this morning when I said I was waiting in for a parcel...but then she remembered I'd said to take some money to go shopping :D

"No wonder I'd offered!" she said :lmao:

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
I'm normally able to dodge the naugty corner due to the fact that i seem to have a endless supply of worthless junk cluttering up the place so when something new arrives it disapears into the depth's very quickly.
Although the "worthless junk" normally isn't, like my crossbow that i sold the otherday that swmbo has been on at me to get rid of since i moved in payed for her b'day present and kept me another few day's away from the end of my overdraft :D also the sleeping bag mountain has shrunk a little (well by 40L's) from selling another piece of junk.
The mountain of kite's, kiteboard and landboard recently purchased did cause a few growls :cussing:
Swing's and roundabout's, i have a sock draw, one large draw under the cupboard and 10% of the cupboard itself so the fact my stuff fill's the flat isn't all my fault :p

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Eric_Methven said:
No excuses worked, so now I'm in the naughty corner. It doesn't help matters that I keep playing with the axe and keep trying the gear on despite the stoney silence and dagger like looks.

Eric

Crowded in here isn’t it. :) :eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: Me too :sigh:

"Another knife??" :eek:
"More fabric!" :rolleyes:
"*What* are you going to do with that.......!?" :confused: (insert something foraged, gathered, just found, dead..... :D )
"Just how big d'you think the house is??" :bluThinki (I'm up to four sheds too though :eek: )
and the all time perennial favourite.......
"D'you really need it?" :11doh:

Well of course I do :cool:
Really, after thirty years as a couple you'd think he'd know by now :tapedshut

:240:

Toddy

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Mikey P said:
Go and sit on the naughty step...and whittle something nice. :D
Great idea. Whittle a box of chocs and a bunch of flowers. Then you can say sorry and ask if you can buy a new whittling knife! By the way who sent you to the naughty corner. Was it your wife or the Bank manager? :lmao:

hamish

Nov 27, 2005
sutton in ashfeild
I solved the naughty corner problem by filling them all with my kit, and as for the whittling, i still haven't been forgiven for swmbo coming into the living room to find me sitting in my tv chair with a pile of shavings on the carpet round my feet. :twak: And she daren't send me to the naughty step, the newel post would make a lovely spoon. :D

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
The italics are mine, substitute ‘nobody’ with the appropriate name of the beloved, for each of you.

‘…If one begins, as he should, six months in advance, to plan and prepare for his next summer or fall vacation, he can, by gradual and surreptitious hoarding, get together a commendable camping equipment, and nobody will notice the outlay. The best way is to make many of the things yourself. This gives your pastime the air of thrift, and propitiates the Lares and Penates by keeping you home o’ nights. And there is a solid comfort in having everything fixed just to suit you…

It is great fun, in the long winter evenings, to sort over your beloved duffel, to make it fit up the little boxes and hold-alls in which everything has it’s proper place, to contrive new wrinkles that nobody but yourself has the gigantic brain to conceive, to concoct mysterious dopes that fill the house with unsanctimonious smells, to fish around for materials, in odd corners where you have no business, and, generally to set the female members of the household buzzing around in curiosity, disapproval, and sundry other states of mind…’ – Kephart

It seems there is nothing new under the sun, boys and girls. We are in great company.

Best regards,
Paul.

Mar 29, 2007
by yon bonnie braes
Make your life easy guys. Do the dishes, put the washing on and tell her that you should have ran it past her before you bought the stuff. Then let her know how much you spent and that she should take the same money out of the account and buy something for herself that she doesn't need but wants. :p

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Swarley said:
Make your life easy guys. Do the dishes, put the washing on and tell her that you should have ran it past her before you bought the stuff. Then let her know how much you spent and that she should take the same money out of the account and buy something for herself that she doesn't need but wants. :p

Sounds like selling out to me :sulkoff: :D

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I just tell her and take my medicine, it saves trying to remeber a lie. :35:

Many years ago, when I was a super rock and roll star, the guitarist paid out £500 for a vintage Stratocaster but was scared to take it home so he told his wife that it was mine and that he was hiding it for me. That way he could take it to the studio or rehearsal facility without her being suspicious, but being a bit of a spiteful cow she told the Drummers Mrs who knew SWMBO and told her.

Luckily I had already warned SWMBO who unlike the other woman realised the subtle differrences between a bass and 6 string! It made social occasions very awkward until I left the band.

She knows now that I will just tell her and take the naughty step for a few days, anyway being unemployed at the moment I can't afford it :lmao:

Plus she buys me shiney suprises for birthdays and christams so I can't really complain. I wonder if I am getting the Kelly Kettle for my birthday next week?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE