Bummer! I'm in the naughty corner.

Just found the Damascus Stainless Alan wood in the for sale section for £350

the missus saw me looking at it and said " you can have that if you like dear its pretty"

:eek: :eek: (wheres the Fell of me stool Icon)
bearing in mind i dont work so its her money ( ive stopped to raize a kid )

though it was sold at the time so maybe shes playing mind games

ATB

Duncan

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I am lucky in that I have no such problems with regards to material items. Its my money, I can spend it how I want, as long as I have covered my share f rent, bills, holiday money etc.

Its the weekends away she's not such a big fan of.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Having a young family makes the negotiation of full weekend trips a nigh on impossibility and I only just manage a full Saturday, an overnight and a home before lunchtime on a Sunday trip once a month. However I am at the gym three nights a week and out lamping one night a week so I really can't complain :rolleyes:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I let the wife spend as much as she likes on clothes, shoes etc then I go out and get the kit I want and she doesn't have a leg to stand on! And because I am the only one that works if she does try to say anything I just say "I know what I'll stop your personal allowance you can go and get a job and earn some money of your own then you can complain as much as you like but until then don't say a word!!" its as easy as that.

I know it sounds a bit harsh, but I never once go on at her about anything she buys and I don't care how much she spends, but this is my hobby, lifestyle - whatever you want to call it and if I want something I'll get it.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I think you folks should all feel very lucky to have someone to send you to the naughty step as no amount of kit makes up for that special somebody who disapproves of it all :) .
(Not particularly enjoying being single at the mo :eek: ).

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sorry to hear that M. Le Snuffers,

Might I suggest a model like mine? She shoots, dresses game, loves 'crafting, earns more money than me and bought me a Lee Reeves recently

A rare type but worth looking out for. I located mine shortly after trading in my old one. A much newer model and, interestingly, much lower maintenance. Indeed, although the disposal costs of the old one were high, the pleasure in taking the new one for a trip knowing that with the old one the mere mention of a trip guarateed a breakdown are a real joy.

Don't get me started on the leather upholstery either :D

Red

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
British Red said:

Might I suggest a model like mine? She shoots, dresses game, loves 'crafting, earns more money than me and bought me a Lee Reeves recently

A rare type but worth looking out for. I located mine shortly after trading in my old one. A much newer model and, interestingly, much lower maintenance. Indeed, although the disposal costs of the old one were high, the pleasure in taking the new one for a trip knowing that with the old one the mere mention of a trip guarateed a breakdown are a real joy.

Red
That's the kind of model I'm looking for, they are indeed thin on the ground though. Most of the time I'm perfectly happy being single and only having myself to please but spring is in the air don't you know.... :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Snufkin said:
That's the kind of model I'm looking for, they are indeed thin on the ground though. Most of the time I'm perfectly happy being single and only having myself to please but spring is in the air don't you know.... :)
You can always try before you buy ;)
Would suggesting Red does a passaround be in bad taste? :eek:

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
British Red said:

Red
God! - you never see one of these on Ebay, whatever the price :lmao:

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Snufkin said:

I hear ya Snufkin :werd:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I think your real problem is you have a partner.

I live on my own, and hence can surprise merley the postie with strange parcels, and can be as decadent as I please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE