Building the Zombie outbreak response bike.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
Here is part 7 of an ongoing project of a motorised bicycle Im building at the moment.

The rest of the project is on my youtube page.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;MCz3m-KRFao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCz3m-KRFao&feature=youtu.be[/video]

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I looked into building one. The main problem I found is that its treated as a motorcycle, and needs insurance, road tax etc.

If anybody here in the UK has made one I'd like to hear about their experience

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
I did one of those a few years ago….I hope you have better luck than I did. I found that cheap Chinese 2 stroke a nightmare to keep going. And then there was the endless adjusting of all parts as they vibrate and rattle loose. Loctite everything! I could go on since they are essentially a project always in progress, but in the end I sold it off as I found myself troubleshooting and working on it more than riding it. LOL. Don’t get me wrong; they are a blast to ride when they are running well.

For my zombie apocalypse vehicle I will ride my Rokon….a little more reliable and it climbs like a goat. :D

1c6b5db2-1151-45a5-8979-029257e8d620_zpsa9863e58.jpg

Dec 16, 2007
That is cool and I've just had a look at the site. If they were road legal over here then I would have something like that to play with and Im surprised I have not seen them here. But it does not fit in with my brief on the ZORB.
The reason Im building it from an MTB is for failure and loss of resources in the end. When "The Day" arrives and it all stops It would be a fully running motorised bicycle once fossil fuel has gone or I have no access to it the engine just unbolts and is dumped then you are back with a standard MTB once all parts to keep the bike running are gone it gets dumped and then your back to the bergan on your back and boots on your feet.
This is why I don't have a trail bike etc for this scenario as once you run out of all forms of fuel for your rokon, land rover, jeep etc it is just a big heavy paperweight. At least the bike will get lighter and there will be spares in every town and city on this earth from any $99 stock MTB.

That why I am building it.

Dec 16, 2007
Part 8

[video=youtube;v1TutqfEdJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1TutqfEdJM[/video]

Part 9

[video=youtube;F0XK8UxPzwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XK8UxPzwE[/video]

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
:lmao: Typical guy reaction when you fired her up there. See....fun. I also see you ran into the same bs everyone else does, right down to the crappy soft bolts and brutal instructions in terrible English. I know my shed was blue....and that wasn't from the engine fumes! Enjoy the ride.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE