Buffalo Parkas (42 or 44") on eBay £30, also cheap nordic xc skis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I'm guessing you don't need one either.
. :)You'd have to define need. I also ordered some swedish army wrist lets. Can't see me needing those any time soon either tbh.:rolleyes: As you say though great bargain. Bet your peripheral vision is a bit compromised with the snorkel hood. If we enter another mini ice age well all look dead clever though.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Arrived today only 1 small cut on the lower left about an inch left (which I haven't figured how to repair yet). Fits well. Pretty stoked. Thanks Imagedude

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The size 44 is perfect for me, with a couple of 200gm woolpower merino baselayers under it, and Ive an 'SASS ventile' windproof smock which will fit over the top.

But If I were standing still in temperatures in excess of -20c Im assuming I would still need a mothership jacket like an M90 over the top?

any sub zero crew care to comment?

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
No, that will more than do you ( four layers, two wool, pile then Pertex AND Ventile, double wind block layers )
You would not want to tab far in that get up imho, too hot.
Don't forget the parka you have is the British Antarctic Survey number an is VERY warm.
Of course we are all different but a m90 over that would be overkill in my opinion and far too bulky.
Hope this helps.
Best.

C.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Mine arrived today... aside from some wear on the zips it's perfect. For that kind of money it really is a steal. Still not sure about the blue though for when hanging around in the woods. I don't mind it personally but I'll probably get gyp from the "real" bushcrafters about it.

Oh well.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
These are still for sale. Bought one, this is what happens when you get home from work at a late hour, the missus is in bed, nowt on tv and the dog refuses to go out. You buy blue jackets that you don't need.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
These are still for sale. Bought one, this is what happens when you get home from work at a late hour, the missus is in bed, nowt on tv and the dog refuses to go out. You buy blue jackets that you don't need.

Actually....

they are purple. And of course you need one.

H2497

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2008
London / Herefordshire
Can I ask how big these 44" ones come out at? I'd really like one but I have a 48" chest. I'm sure my old buffalo mountain/special six shirt is a 44 or 46 though (label long since worn away) and fits perfectly over a base layer.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Arrived today, great fit on arms a d around chest with room for another layer if needed. It's quite long but being made for bas then I suppose it's meant to be.

There is not a mark near this jacket, some pile stuck in Velcro and that is it. This has to be the best jacket available anywhere for this amount of cash.

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
Just tried to dye mine black with Dylon,left it to soak in boiling hot solution all morning.Result ? Not a bit of colour change,still bloody purple !!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I've been out in mine for a few weekends in the woods now and can't fault it. Was stood around in wind and snow last weekend with just the jacket and an icebreaker layer on and was toasty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE