Buffalo Enzo Necker

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I finished my necker today, I'd been using it paracord wrapped for a few weeks. Fantastic knife! Great all round user, be it carving wood to kitchen prep.

I used good old slow drying epoxy and only three 3mm brass pins. It was also my first time shaping buffalo horn. 80 grit on my 1x30 shifts it like no tomorrow.

I didn't want to give it a high polish finish and am very happy with the matte finish I ended up with.

So a few photos:

I can see this being a blade that will service me for years.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks a beauty, and I agree with you about the finish on the horn - it looks great matt rather than shiny and much easier to fettle in the event of a misshap....................atb mac

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Nice work mate! Looks like a lovely usable neck knife!! :) Any reason you went for the flat grind? :)

I too went flat grind. For my part its lighter for finer work and does not need much to sharpen as its only the thin secondary bevel your touching up. I toyed with both, but figured I had plenty of scandi on the bigger knives.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I thought a flat grind would be a better all rounder. I actually sent off for a scandi after getting this which I've got some black and blue G10 for.

I like how few tools you need to mount scales. All I used was a cordless drill for the pin holes, 3 G claps while glue dried, a hacksaw to chop off the end of the horn as it about an inch past the end of the blade. Then used my 1x30 with 80 grit and then an old 200 grit belt, then P400 wet dry by hand.

I took this before I setup my old vacuum to suck up the mess:

I also sharpened my mums new hoe, bought new from a garden center, 3mm thick which had a square edge on it + about 1mm of paint both sides. The disc on the right is great for hoe's and shovels and the like.

Last edited:

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Nice to see something with a matt finish. I've seen quite a few of these enzo neckers recently but this is my favourite. I think I may just have to get one...

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks Everyone.

One of the main reasons why I wanted it a matt finish is because its going to be a regular user and the shine probably wouldn't of last and matt gives a good bit of texture to grip to.

Another reason a flat grind is useful for an all rounder is they are easy to sharpen. A small ceramic rod with give a great toothy edge. Though currently I put it on my 1200 stone and stropped it to oblivion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE