Bucksaw Mk 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I made a couple of bucksaws for a friend on here. This is a copy of the second one i made him, it's made from white oak with brass pins. The blade doesn't fit into the handle as it did in the first one i made, this time it just slips into the leather bag. I think putting a slot into the handles weakens them but i may have worked out a solution, that's why this is Mk 2 and not 3 .The centre piece is almost as long as the blade so that will prevent it being bent in my pack all it needs now is a cover for the blade. The brass pins were given to me and the leather i cut from an old sofa someone had dumped over my local fields. I'll put some pics up of Mk 3 when i've made it.
bucksaw002.jpg

bucksaw003.jpg

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Can't tell you how good these are . Made with love and skill. I'm setting off now to do a video review.....watch this space ;)

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Couple of pics to put yer on.......mk1
ubygamab.jpg

tyjanu3u.jpg

unujavaq.jpg

Mk11
py3e5edu.jpg

hu5epyny.jpg

qavu9a5u.jpg

eba9emu3.jpg

Andy's love for working with woods really shines through, a very easy going gent of the highest order.

Till later.......

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I was fortunate enough to see both these saws yesterday. The pictures simply don't do justice to the skill and care gone into this saw. I've seen plenty of pack saws, but none like this. A true bespoke piece of functional art.

Immense fun and good times as always Chiseller.

touched by nature

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE