Bucks/Oxon anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
This is the set up I used last time which was the first time I used my basha. Seemed to work well I will probably use this shelter again

20140503_1941221.jpg

e21fcf65-c23b-4ba7-9415-f08d85a94fb7.jpg

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Just out of interest what food do you all intend to bring!??

Is anyone taking a fold away grill or Dutch oven?

Is anyone taking some alcohol beverages? Are we allowed??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Yes booze is allowed if you wish, I might bring a lager or two! In terms of cooking stuff all I have is a set of mess tins and 1 billy can. I think I will bring some chorizo, mushrooms and onions. Fry it up for lunch with some nettles and have it in fresh crusty rolls mmmm. Not sure about dinner though, would be great to cook a chicken on a spit.....

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I haven't decided in a menu yet. Lots of ideas. As far as a chicken on a spit goes mark. Go for it mate I will take a while to cook but would be delishious. Markinlondon are you a chef coz your menu sound Devine

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
I haven't decided in a menu yet. Lots of ideas. As far as a chicken on a spit goes mark. Go for it mate I will take a while to cook but would be delishious. Markinlondon are you a chef coz your menu sound Devine

I'm not a chef; I'm just an amateur gourmand. I suspect that my roast will have couscous and spinach sautéed with ginger and garlic, all cooked either over the fire and in my Swedish Army Trangia cookset. I also suspect that I'll have a few mugs of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee with my Kentucky Bourbon. A man that likes to eat must also like to cook.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham

Yes I am going to try it and see what happens!

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I think I have decided on a sausage sandwich for lunch. Pork chops and new potatoes for dinner. And bacon eggs and beans for breakfast

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
I'm a ground dweller....my 'usual set-up' below......

As for menu, not yet decided about Sat lunch, Sat evening I have my chef to cook for me (MarkinLondon) :) Breakfast will be potatoes, bacon, mushroom, egg and black pudding. I also want to try to make bannock for the first time (haven't decided whether it'll be savoury or sweet yet).

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!AMZijDVChPrOUbk&v=3&ithint=photo,.JPG

Last edited:

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
All this talk of food is making me hungry, that lamb sounds like it will be very nice! I might also treat myself to a bit of Southern Comfort :) Normally have some in the cupboard at home but have ran out and not bought any for ages.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Just had a thought..........

Would anybody have any objections if I made a video of what goes on? No talking involved just a few short clips put together into a longer video set to a bit of relaxing music, that's the idea anyway. If you would rather not please say and I will make sure not to get you in shot!

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
Would anybody have any objections if I made a video of what goes on?

:) I remember a telephone conversation where Mark said "....I'm going to try to go a bit more minimalist/ lighter for this trip..."

Then he said he was bringing all three axes...:)

Then he said he was bringing a joint of lamb (plus accompaniments)....:)

Now he's bringing an OB Unit in order to make a video!...:)

I'd hate to see Mark with a 'heavy' version of his kit!! :lmao: He'd need a crew of sherpas/ porters to carry it into camp.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
:) I remember a telephone conversation where Mark said "....I'm going to try to go a bit more minimalist/ lighter for this trip..."

Then he said he was bringing all three axes...:)

Then he said he was bringing a joint of lamb (plus accompaniments)....:)

Now he's bringing an OB Unit in order to make a video!...:)

I'd hate to see Mark with a 'heavy' version of his kit!! :lmao: He'd need a crew of sherpas/ porters to carry it into camp.

Steve: first of all… WRONG MARK :)

And I'm only bring one axe now. The only question is which one. It's either the Mini or the large Cegga. Frankly, I won't know until that morning. hmmmm...

Skimping on the food is not real camping. The lamb will be awesome.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE