Brusletto Rognald

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 8, 2006
Mississauga, Canada
Hello all. I just saw on BCUK photo section a picture of a Brusletto Rognald...well, love at first sight I guess(sighing wistfully).
Can anyone who owns one give me their feedback on what they think of this blade?
Cheers
Alex

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I have the TROLLUNGEN blade, it is a nice blade which retains a sharp edge, it apears to have a little mor tang then the onoe in question,

Brussleto blades do appear to be of good quality though

J

Josey Wales

I have experienced a few brussletto blades in my time and all I can say is that they are good.

It holds a good sharp edge for a long time although if it were me, I would get one of the larger bladed knives but heh :27: :rolleyes:

Hope this has helped,

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
I use a Brusletto Norron, all their blades are made from stainless steel, retain a good edge (for stainless), and are very high quality for a higher production knife. I think most of their blades are on the small side; a big plus in my mind as they are then somewhat easier to carve with. I wouldn't use it for heavy work as I tend to use an axe instead.

The norron's sheath isn't so fantastic, having a rivet between the belt loop and the knife sheath; the rivet gave way eventually (after some 7 years use).

Hope that helps

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I have just bought and fitted a "Balder" blade to a piece of antler and it's a first class blade. I am thinking of making a similar knife out of the Rognald as it looks such a useful blade. I know it costs more to buy the comleted knife, but I have to say it's a lovely handle.
Go on, go on, go on, get it :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE