Bromwell Frying Pan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 6, 2020
Scotland
Morning everyone, I did do a quick check to see if this has been discussed already but couldn't see anything.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these pans, I've read there not made anymore but is anyone aware of an alternative/copy?

Thanks - Tony

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
"Carbon steel" is a tautology, steel is by definition a mixture of carbon and iron. What would really make the difference is the info if the pan is cast or pressed or rolled. From the looks of it, it is cast but not sure.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
"Carbon steel" is a tautology, steel is by definition a mixture of carbon and iron. What would really make the difference is the info if the pan is cast or pressed or rolled. From the looks of it, it is cast but not sure.
It's pressed

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Did you seal like you would a Dutch oven?
The best way to seal, is get it very hot with oil in the pan, and keep the oil evenly covering the pan, almost burning it on. I do this as needed, or at least once a year.

Reduces rust issues and creates a non stick coating that lasts.

The debuyer pans are heavy weight and cheap for what you get.

Highly recommend the pancake pan

Limey Pete

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
pnom, penh
Over four pounds and ten ounces in weight.
Don't be ridiculous!
This is supposed to be a bushcraft forum.
Is any idiot going to carry that frying pan out into the bush???
Is somebody receiving commission for this recommendation?

• Sad
Reactions: nigelp

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Spun iron pans, and some with removable handles.

Nice, but pricey.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Don't be ridiculous!

A lot of us take the Dutch Oven or cast iron camping with us. Bushcraft has nothing to do with carrying stuff at all. Quite a few of your posts are a bit blustery.

Have a look at Waylands set-up to get an idea of how some people spend their time camping, it’s not all ultralight survival gear.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
A lot of us take the Dutch Oven or cast iron camping with us. Bushcraft has nothing to do with carrying stuff at all. Quite a few of your posts are a bit blustery.

Have a look at Waylands set-up to get an idea of how some people spend their time camping, it’s not all ultralight survival gear.

Those photos were fantastic. I love the ambiance created by the lanterns in the evening.

Reactions: Herman30 and Nice65

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Don't be ridiculous!
I use the pans at home and outside, weight is not an issue for me, I eat my spinach :) but that aside, it was stated they are heavy, and as others said, they don't have any issue carrying cast iron pots, etc, and neither does it bother me. I do not plan on hiking up a mountain, with it, even though I have with a similar set up.

I also love the comical ring the pans make, reminding me of a Tom and Jerry cartoons of youth, with the pan hitting a face :)

Reactions: JFW

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
So Oxford English Dictionary does not state any rules for how much one can carry while out in the bush crafting it, I presume.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE