Broken Zippo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
Need help again :eek:
Ive got a zippo and its not working properly. Ive filled it up with fuel and it sparks but it just wont light :(
Also, when it used to work the flame would only stay alight for say 5 seconds and then fade away.
How can i fix this ?
Cheers

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Sounds like it needs a new wick. It sparks and is filled with fuel it can only be a wick problem.

I will go with that.

If the wick is very black, you can pull it out and cut it flish with the top if the wind guard. You may need to pull the cottonwool type filling out to do this. You need to ensure that there is at least an inch of the wick left inside the fuel chamber. This should do the trick as you will expose a new length of unused wick. Just the same as putting a new one in.

Be careful as this may be soaked in lighter fuel.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Hey up stranger, haven't seen you about for a while! If your Zippo isn't working after changing the wick and you are using their lighter fluid, I'd try a new flint. The flint on one of my spy capsules sparked but didn't light it. After I decided to change the small flint for a good fresh one it lit first time every time.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If all else fails Leon you could always send it back to Bradford, USA

The hinge on mine wore out after about 9 years so I sent it back to them and they replaced it for me. Lifetime no questions asked guarantee.

Rich

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
Talking about flints i think i just fixed the thing and then broke the bloody spring :(
Silly me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE