Broken Watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Casio G shock. Your arm will fall off before you manage to break the watch. I like the look of the atomic solar ones :D

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
I have that exact protrek, its a great watch think its built to be as strong as my previous gshock. Compass is an assett even in towns, is great when you get out of a tube station and need to navigate someplace. Battery has lasted years, strap is still fine even after wearing it over a wetsuite. Think a sunto with compass would be better, as it has a bubble to show when the watch is level, but the casio was less than half the price when I got it. Only things to be aware are its quiet large (I do have skinny wrists though), the temperature function is only really usefull if if you take the watch off as its affected by body temperature, needs calibrating once in a while.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I have a Casio watch cost me £8, when the battery gives up and I buy a new one.
usually by then the alarm function has given up long before.
Its cheap and it works so what else do you need ??????
And you can buy them almost anywhere.

Used them for years highly recommended.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
bothyman said:
I have a Casio watch cost me £8, when the battery gives up and I buy a new one.
usually by then the alarm function has given up long before.
Its cheap and it works so what else do you need ??????

....... it doesn't have airtight Tritium vials less than the personal limit of 25 millicuries (U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations 10 CFR 20.15.) ..................... wheres the fun in that! :p :D

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Casio make an excellent range of Suunto style watches at a similarly excellent price. You can get solar powered models with altimeters and compasses for about 40 quid, although they are pretty big. Ask Lithril, he's got one :)

Beer Monster said:
Here you go Traser P5900 for 70 squid (including postage).

Hope that helps.

Edit: .............. damn ..... just notice it's out of stock. Sorry :( . Worth keeping your eye on.

Edit 2: Just found it for £60 on this site. :)
I was given one of these for xmas, great watch, keeps good time as you would expect froma quartz watch, easy to read in the dark thanks to the red blob at 12 o'clock and seems to be pretty bombproof.

gets my vote and £60 is a very good price

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Now, this is right up my street as I have both the Protrek and a Traser.

The Protrek is a really good bit of kit, but make sure that you take the time to set it up properly and you will have a very accurate compass, time piece and weather station strapped to your wrist, the only draw back is that it is huge, and can be a real pain when wanting to put your hand in your pocket.

The Traser is the biz it really is an allroundrer, I wear it 90% of the time the tritium illumination is still going strong after 4 years.

They are now known as H3 in the UK, I had dealings with theor Director Roger Green, a really nice guy and really knows his stuff, in-fact I landed up buying 6 key rings, a krill light, a Francis Barker sighting compass (they had just developed the illumination for these) and an illuminated magnifying map reader from them.

The good thing for you is that they are based in Christchurch.

www.h3products.com/

Slimey said:
I like my watches nice and plain so I wear one of these

http://www.anchorsupplies.com/g10watch_offer.htm

Only cost me £39-95 at Billing Land Rover show a couple of years ago. Very accurate, easy to see in the dark and I think the're very nice looking too.

Simon.
The G10 was my other option when I chose the Tracer and to be honest, the only thing that made the difference for me was the fact that the Tracer has tritium markers. Not only does this mean that it doesn't need to recharge with light and wont dim for years, but more importantly than that, it has better gadget value :D

Thanks guys for your views!

I'm definately swaying toward the traser - it looks comfortable and unobtrusive - with excellent gadget power! :D

The casio seems a little too over the top for me - besides that, i can get a gps watch at a later date ;)

Do they do one with a radio yet?? :eek:

Neil

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
You should be able to find these
sfjwim.gif

details here
http://www.mwcwatches.co.uk/mwcwatches/product_info.php?products_id=45
new for under £70 quid on ebay.
Not bad for 300m waterproof, black vapour deposition finish and decent quartz movement. One of my better buys.

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
I have the exact same watch ( the MWC watch ). I use it eveyday at work and is bombproof. it's the only watch to last,( currently in its third year,) it is abused more than it should be and it keeps great time. absolute value - I paid £60 from ebay, brand new. it comes with the nato webbing strap which is very comfy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE