Broken Kindle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I think the real power is that authors can self publish much easier. Saying that, without drm or a publishing house behind them, they can also be ripped off much easier too.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I am not averse to the idea of e-books - in fact I rather like it. But I think the current implementation is poor. Kindle editions should be far cheaper than hardback (and still make the same profit), but they aren't. Along with fragile hardware, lack of ability to "pass on" the book etc. its just not there *yet* - it will come though. As surely as digital music and movies have..."

+1 to this.

I like paper books, however having an electronic version of said book can be handy for searching, availability on the move, easy reference etc.

I find that the idea of having to own a specific bit of hardware to read a bit of electronic text doesn't really work for me. If there is something I want an electronic copy of (and the book is cheap enough to buy in the paper form) then a guillotine and a sheet feed scanner solves that problem.

:)

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Since I got my wife a Kindle, it is like a new appendage. She ALWAYS has it and reads much much more than before. This can only be a good thing.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I like paper books but I guess the kindle is handy for travelling about?

Yes - very handy. Thing about Kindle is that it is not a normal LCD screen - it is e-ink. It looks like paper - certainly easier on the eyes than a screen like on an iPad.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE