Broken DC3/DC4

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
Ive heard that many peoples dc3/4's have had the two sides come apart and unfortunatly this happened to me last night. So i emailed Fallkniven telling them of this problem and they said that the glue used to attach the 2 sides is one which is "environmentally" safe which doesnt stand up to well in warm water (which it instructs you to wash them in) they said that they had not recieved many complaints yet they knew it was the glue?? how many other people have had this problem! i said in the email that im going to repair it my self as its an easyt fix and a great piece of kit, but i still feel a bit ripped off!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I never wash mine. I just simply wipe it clean(ish) with a dry cloth. This removes what I need removing then I just carry on. Good luck with the glueing, and you are right, they are a decent bit of kit though.

Cheers....Stu

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Hmm... I might unglue mine and sandwich a piece of thin plastic with a handle extension in the middle. I'll then be able to use it unsupported without the risk of slicing into my fingers.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE