Britton Wood meet May 22th-25th, where lightweight camping and bushcrafting collide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Britton Wood meet May 22th-25th

If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for.

Rules and regs!

No ground fires apart from the communal fire with out prior consent.
No cutting down trees, live, dead, or otherwise without asking..
No airguns/bows/crossbows etc. are to be brought onto site, at all.
Site fees are £5 per Adult per night. Under 18s go free
Please find Si to pay the fees.
No under 18's unless with a parent or guardian
Other things of note:
There is no water on site except a small gypsy well which is not a guaranteed water source.
There is now a temporary toilet on site.
Dogs and kids are welcome on site, but they do need to be kept under control and cleaned up after at all times.
Post below if you are coming!

The location is Britton Wood nr Clay Cross.
Nearest postcode S42 6AF please note certain in built sat nav's have got the wrong area set for that post code which is 2 miles away .

Follow the far right path for 400 yards until you find a tree stump cut off at head height then turn left, 30 yards to the centre of the fire circle.
attachment.php

Moving around the site in the dark hours:

Due to the nature of the site it is dark at night and as I'm yet to meet someone who can faultlessly move around without a torch having one on you BEFORE dusk begins to break could almost be considered essential! . To this end torches will be in evidence by those attending the Meet also lanterns will be in use

Please note this is a nonprofit meet any money raised goes back into the meet and helps pay the insurance

The
Hagglers meet
We have also decided to reinstate an old Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire custom of the "Hagglers meet". Basically after Saturday lunch you are invited to display you surplus gear or trinkets on a blanket near to the camp fire and then others can barter or haggle with you to buy or trade for them. A great way to pass on stuff that you don't use any more or to raise funds for yourself.

All the Best Si and MattF

Last edited:

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above. If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for.

Big Si
MattF

Thanks Si

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above. If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for.

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)

MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yes I'm still here.

Preparing for house moving is occupying me a lot at the moment, and coupled with my decision to become a big softy the weather needs to be good too so won't be there in May - the actual move should be 28 May (or thereabouts - it isn't straightforward:))

But don't want to pack up weekend camps totally as I always enjoy them and ALWAYS learn stuff.

Have a great time☺

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Nice to hear from you again Chris, you have been missed. Hope all goes well with the house move and I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Si

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice to hear from you again Chris, you have been missed. Hope all goes well with the house move and I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Si

Hi there Si very kind of you thanks.

Hope you are keeping well.

The house move is going much better than we could have hoped but the latest issue is that we need to exchange by next Monday and it still isn't certain that it is going to happen:(

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)
MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th
ADz-1983 (Sat-Sun)

Si

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)
MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th
ADz-1983 (Sat-Sun)
Ged 23rd-24th I think - YES! My account works again! Thanks Tony. :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Oh - just spotted the bit about Hagglers' Corner.

If anybody has one of the issue black plastic mugs that stacks with the water bottle and BCB mug set I'm looking for at least one.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)
MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th
ADz-1983 (Sat-Sun)
Ged 23rd-24th I think - YES!
Twodogs ,,arriving Sat am

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)
MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th
ADz-1983 (Sat-Sun)
CLIV - 22nd to 24th

May 18, 2015
Doncaster
Hi
Im thinking of coming along if thats ok, little ones on a cub camp near Penistone, Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th so would arrive saturday sometime around 6.30, and depart sunday to go collect him
I cant see the map very well, and Im totally unsure of where to park and where to go

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above. If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)
MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th
ADz-1983 (Sat-Sun)
CLIV - 22nd to 24th
XRV John - 22nd to 24th pending pass out from SWMBO :)

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
There is parking on the right hand side of the entrance, please try not to block the main track as we may need to get in and out with the Landrover. Don't forget you stuff to sell at the "Hagglers Meet" on Sat afternoon.

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above. If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for

Big Si
MattF
Karl82 (99% sure)
MartinK9 - 22nd to 24th
Steve Wolfburg
ADz-1983 (Sat-Sun)
CLIV - 22nd to 24th
XRV John - 22nd to 24th

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE