britisharmysurplus.com whats up with my basket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
been looking for some swedish wool trousers and a link on here suggested britisharmysurplus.com so off I went and took a look - I selected my size and ordered - unfortunatly whe i looked in my basket there was 13K's worth of kit in there. Anyone else had issues with their site? I've tried various approaches but each time the basket is full of stuff i didn't order, deleting on the basket page doesn't seem to make any difference - each time i go through the process there's stuff i havn't orderd on it - thinking of giving them a call and letting them know - unless its a problem my end?

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I went in and added something random to the basket, it came up with my item and a pair of swedish wool trousers, very strange.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
I've added a webbing set and gained an alice pack to my order :confused:

deleted it and added a swedish jacket and gained 600 dutch ones

Dutch Field Jacket
48"
£ 16.79 £ Inclusive £ 10074.00

Bandis

Nov 23, 2009
south east
I looked at the site today and its still doing the same thing.

Are they good people to deal with, I haven't used them before and am always wary of websites whose only contact is by email.

Does anyone know where they are based or their telephone number so that I can contact them.

Ta.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
They might well be shut for the Christmas Period and, by adding the extra items to everyone's basket stops people ordering, then complaining when their items don't turn up on boxing day.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I posted this up in August - it was a fault with the system - they actually £0 against out of stock items and it was happening with everything

I reported it to them and they were mighty supprised, its not doing it for me now though

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Hahaha! I tried it and it looks like a derivatives portfolio from an investment bank... maybe they had a part in the euro crisis!

Hahaha just had to try it and by looks of it I have a small army just by adding a poncho to the basket....

115 x German Field Shirts
67 x Swiss Emergency Cooker

1 x Harrington Jacket
1 x Belgian Poncho

All for the grand total of £2649.57

I guess the last 2 items must be for me being the CO. :)

Last edited:

Bandis

Nov 23, 2009
south east
Does anyone know what is happening with this company.

I ordered a czech ushanka from them a few days ago, have heard nothing from them and now their website has disappeared. I have emailed them and also tried their phone number and just get a continuous tone. Has anyone else had any problems recently, I have used them previously without any probs.

Last edited:

hermitical

Forager
Feb 28, 2010
Bristol
I had a problem, order seemed to take ages. Emailed a few times and got a reply last week saying sorry and it should be with me in a couple of days. Now it seems the couriers have lost it (DP anyone heard of them?), it may even been binned as their packages were messy and next to the bin so some may have been put in the rubbish by the waste collectors, alledgedly...

Have emailed the company again but nothing as yet...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I had a problem, order seemed to take ages. Emailed a few times and got a reply last week saying sorry and it should be with me in a couple of days. Now it seems the couriers have lost it (DP anyone heard of them?), it may even been binned as their packages were messy and next to the bin so some may have been put in the rubbish by the waste collectors, alledgedly...

Have emailed the company again but nothing as yet...

did you get a couriers tracking number? sounds very dodgy to me

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I had a similar problem today. Have clicked "order" now but had no confirmation and not going to send a PayPal payment until I do...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Have now had contact from them asking me to confirm payment methods. Replied saying I can use a card or PayPal but no reply back. Not sure if they're dodgy or just not very good at taking orders

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The latter. Goods arrived fine but no return address. Bit of detective work found this:

British Army Surplus

Phone: 01268 591552

Unit 1 Festival Business Park
Festival Way
Basildon
Essex SS14 3WB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE