British Reds mulled wine recipie

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats kind Bodge thanks :)

We have recently taken to buying the alcohol free red wine from Asda and mulling a batch of that when we have friends around. There are inevitably a number who are driving and a mug of mulled alcohol free wine seems to go down well as an alternative to the inevitable coke or orange juice.

Thanks for the kind words

Red

Actually, I may knock up some alcho free this year. We have the tribe round for Christmas dinner and some will be driving. The beauty of this mix is that you just add it to your chosen wine when your guests require refreshments.
I bought a bottle of ready done mulled wine from Lidl last week and was quite dissapointed compared to making my own from the recipie. Swimbo only had half a glass and I ended up drinking the rest over 2 nights and tbh was slightly relieved when it was gone. :)
I really do recommend this mix.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Hey ,
Cheers for this , mainly the non-alch recommendation , so simple but I'd never have thought of it . And just the thing for an outdoor get together I'm setting up for old school friends at a wood we all used to play in as kids over 20 years ago .
Cheers , Trev .

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
It is an ingenious idea tbh, rather then making the wine make the syrup to go in the wine.
how long does the syrup keep hugh? worth making this in late autumn ready for christmas?

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
mulledwinesyrup.jpg

Gave it a go this evening and it is pretty good, its cooling in a bottle just now, but the sample I took off was great, thanks for the reminder of this, and thanks for the original recipe!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just reducing 3L of syrup - also have 30 bottles of home made Rioja in the brew house - all round to mine in 20 minutes :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hope you enjoy!

My daughter made me a Victoria Sponge yesterday (now gone) and shortbread today (spoiled Daddy). We are having a pewter goblet of mulled wine apiece right now since there was a bit left over :)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE