British made metal working files

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Today I stumbled on a source of hard to find UK made metal working files at excellent prices.

To the rear of K Supplies in Rawtenstall, East Lancs, the former owner has quite an extensive stock of tools which were not transfered to the new owners and he is disposing of them at knock down prices. What interested me most were the Stubs and Nicholsons of Sunderland files. I'm a sucker for UK made tools, especially the sort that are no longer made, so I snapped up a range of them. NOS 14" mill files were about 6 quid a pop and 4 to 6" jobs were 2 to 3 pounds. It's a real Aladdin's cave and I will be going back when I have more time to poke about.

I've no connection except being a very happy customer.

The chap to contact is Steve Kay. He isn't there all the time but if you phone but the front desk on 01706 217441 will put you through to him if he is about. The chap who introduced me told me to haggle but the stock was such bargains I couldn't bring myself to!

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
He's not normally in at weekends but he did say he was going to be there Saturday AM (best phone ahead) .

If you head out of Rawtenstall towards Bacup its on the right after the gasometers and pub at Cloughfold. It's a great big low building you can't miss (set back on the otherside of the river), although I did for the first two years we lived in the valley!

Theres a fine selection of taps and dies, Whitworth and more modern stuff.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE