British army 24 hour ration packs..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Looky here, what this i have?
DSCF3183.jpg

Yum Yum!

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Oh yes, have you had the princes pate sachet yet,Yum, theres nowt wrong with biscuits brown, either dunked in you morning brew, or crumbled into a pudding good solid fibre,incidently thats what you'll be passing a few days after if you eat the whole packet in one go. there are very few things in rations that i don't like, there was a main in the arctic rations that tasted like sick, but then again it always had the dried rice desert in the same box so ups and downs.now i need to find some of that rice it tasted like baby rice but amazingly sweet, luvely.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Has anyone else had the pleasure of cooking with hexi stoves?

There are quite a few of us on this forum who have spent quite some time in the forces, so yes.
Also,
The smell of hexi burning makes me hungry.
Granted, the first thing most of us did was buy a Coleman Multifuel stove, which we could run on waste aviation fuel (a real bonus on exercise), but the memory endures.

As for ratpack food, I miss making all in stew.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Has anyone else had the pleasure of cooking with hexi stoves? dear god they are horrible. They are poisonous, smell bad and leave crap on your mess tins.. :togo:

a good dose of "Man up" will sort that out.

As Graham_S said - many of us have served. - I really miss rat packs myself. Particularly "rocket fuel" as my mate used to call his tea with SIX sugars! lol.

Andy

Last edited:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
there is something special about tea from a norgee flask that's been stewing for 4hrs and is about 50% sugar
:D
Soaked to the skin, freezing cold, and covered in mud.
Nothing tastes finer.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It's a good leson to learn, always be first to the urn, if your not you just know the section fezzer will have dipped his mug in, you know the one half his dinner round his chops and someone else has probaobly had to carry his bergan cause of his shin splints. he couldn't figure out the nozle system so just popped the top and dunked his gipping cup leaving a few blades of grass as a warning.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
:D quite correct Graham.

lol - Screech is the best substance known to man! - shame they replaced it with shiny new stuff :(

Last edited:

mattweasel

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2010
hertfordshire england
Love army ration packs. They remind me of my youth. I also wouldn't go anywhere without my hexi stove.
Didn't army ration packs used to have apple flakes in them? I have a memory of my older brothers bringing them home after being away with the army cadets in the 1970s.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE