British army 24 hour ration packs..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EddBamber

Tenderfoot
I was on a trip with army cadets last week and i found out that the ration packs no longer contained the famous Yorkie bar that read 'Not For Civvies'. It has been replaced with a wierd tasting chocolate bar i have never heard of. :confused:

Has anyone else had the pleasure of cooking with hexi stoves? dear god they are horrible. They are poisonous, smell bad and leave crap on your mess tins.. :togo:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Compo chocolate has always been a bit grim, decent stuff dosn't survive too well in storage or on the way to the desert. Hence what you get is more like chocolate flavour lard then Green and Blacks. At least there's no bromide in the tea anymore.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Idiscouverd my new favorite boil in bag the other day, it used to be pasta with meatballs, but holy crikey if chuncky chilly ckicken hasent kicked it out of the park, grrrrrrreat!

EddBamber

Tenderfoot
The meatballs looks great the person who i basha'd with had those he thought they were gross so i finished them for him hehehe..

I had a Chicken tikka masala with rice and sticky toffee pudding it was beutiful..

I had a corned beef hash for breakfast urgggh it waas Naaaaaaasttttyy, i normally love corned beef but ew.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
dont do it, you'll grow to love the smell, then when ever you smell it again it'll remind you of your times out side. i for one love the smell of hexi, as for the muck on your mess tin a quick rub in the grass will get rid of it, good times.

EddBamber

Tenderfoot
I enjoyed the mushroom pate, i found a can on the floor after walking round our camp and took it home and ate it with toast :D

We were also told by a sergeant the same as what you said southey about the rubbing mess tins on the ground, works a treat. I ate my oatmeal block and yeast extract while on stag. XD

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
DUDE! next time you get a pack, one times oat block,one tube of jam mixed fruitsand and grate with your pen knife some of the chocolate substitute bar over the top untill coverd, it tastes fantastic and will have you running around you harbour like mad. your ds will thank me.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Hexamine stoves... God, that takes me back to being 12, my old man bringing home a just out of date 10-person 24hr ration pack and camping for the week in Glen Fruin feb/march under a bivi!

We gorged like piggies, and froze our butts off in the nights.

I'm sure if i smelled one now, i would have a cold shudder, but a warm grin :)

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I don't know what you are on about, the corned beef hash is lush, especially after a long battle march or when it is wet. I still hate the patrol sweets though, and I am guessign you guts know about biscuits brown and biscuits fruit + what they do?

Oh and the fruit paste in the tube is excellent for baiting snares/ figure 4s

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE