Britain On Film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
These really should not be missed if wanting an insight into how it was here back in the day: Britain on Film, Series 1: 2. Brits at Play:www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nvwqm via @bbciplayer

Its also an excuse to listen again, and again to what I consider one of the finest peices of so-called "production music" from the 60's and that is the theme tune.

I chose this episode for the opening hop picking scenes with a bit of camp fire cooking thrown in for good measure.

Enjoy!

K

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Ahh the 60's, the best years of my life(and the 50's) but all downhill from there Mr. Chumley-Warner. Where I lived as a child, the adults were all busy drinking the beer made by the people on holidays in that film and many others like it no doubt. I was lucky indeed as a boy to sneak into the Cavern club, Liverpool in a group of older boys and saw the Beatles sing and play live(they were just as crap as all the other groups that day but-never again) but, they were indeed the halcyon days of my life. Thanks Klenchblaize for the timely reminder. The theme music is much better than the fab fours' efforts on the day! And what lovely girls and ladies-bravo to you all. Like darlin' buds of May but real.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well that certainly brought back some memories!

Two things that struck me the most, one very good and one equally bad; I'd forgotten how it was almost compulsory to smoke, most of them seem to have had a ciggy glued permanently into their mouths !!!

And can you imagine the conniptions that officialdom would have if any youngster nowadays were to be let loose in an adventure playground? or on a soapbox trolley?

Health and Safety - they'll never be as good as Morecambe and Wise :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
thanks for that it brought back many memories, hop picking (and fruit) used to be a tradition amongst black country folk which has died out now, my family travelled around the Worcestershire countryside in a horse and cart picking hops and fruit from various farms, seems odd to think that some of the utensils/tools that were used back then for picking are now sought after as collectors items.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE