Bristol Fasion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im doing well with my regional recipe research, but as yet have nothing from the Bristol region.

Has anyone any ideas?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Stargazey pie is Cornish, about as far west Cornish as you can go

I dont know what wallfish are (Scargos?)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
We have Cheddar cheese and scrumpy so no need for anything else really ;-)
Oh and the snails mentioned above on the Mendips.....

Sent from Somerset using magic

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
You could be contentious; the Colston buns were very popular.
Probably worth mentioning them as no doubt they'll change the name of them soon as they have with anything else that mentions Edward Colston in Bristol!

Sent from Somerset using magic

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Cider Apple cake
Sausage and mash
Pasties
Cider
Bristol doesn't realy have much in the way of local food except the buns and Clark pie, but anything using pork, cider, and apples is fairly local.
Being a trading port, Bristol has always had many influences from around the world as regards food, for a good few hundred years.... Jamaican being very popular. So maybe a Jamaican goat recipe?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
All helpful things to know. I myself am trying not to repeat themes.

So, by including Marmalade in Oxford them I free up a Scottish slot.

There seems to be a lot of regional variation on similar themes, -in Wiltshire we have Bacon fraize which is like Toad in the hole with bacon instead of sausages.

And the Scottish Rumbledethumps is a variant on Bubble and squeak, (A dish to use up leftovers from Sunday dinner)

(Why they cant simply cook enough for everyone like Dad does I do not know)

I may use Bristol as a Bucket category, -I can put in traditional dishes I havent otherwise found homes for.

Caribbean recipes sound a good idea but that might have to be used (respectfully, though GB versions of foreign foods are not beyond possibilities, -even as far back as Chaucers time we imported several variants of curry powder into the country) in a different way, seeing as our Afro-Caribbean society are across the road (and these days the Afro-Caribbean shop) Our area is certainly diverse (and poor)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE