bristol area???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
hi im fairly new to bushcraft, and although i have plenty of skills in my head, i rarely get the chance to practise them. Some such as firelighting, shelter, chopping wood, i can do easily, but i am only 13, so it is difficult for me to go out and practise. I live in bristol, does anyone know of any spots where i could go, camp out, preferably with a fire, and practise some skills??? ive been planning a trip to get my dad interested.
cheers,
alex

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Best bet would be to get yer dad interested. Of course you could try to get some of your mates into it too!

Ask him to take you out one day, and you never know, he might just get hooked!

:)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
It depends on your leaders really, you will be at explorers soon, do they do any bushcraft stuff?
Get yourself a firesteel as a start, practice and get the fire going without matches on your next camp :) I can bet the leaders will want a go too, then introduce them to the site! :D
Or practise and practise some more with fire by friction and try it!

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
lol, we have a bit of an arogant leader, who always thinks hes right, last camp i built a fire with some cramp ball fungus, and some flint i had found, which i struck with my knife, but still he jus said "shouldnt you use paper" :confused: explorers is the same too :(

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I always think I'm right too! :D
Bear with it, keep looking for the oportunities, at least you can get out and about and do some stuff, keep practising so if you become a leader or young leader you can pass on your skills and enthusiasm one day.
Keep a look out for a meeting near you, you might convice your parents to visit, even if its just for a day. :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
we have a bit of an arogant leader, who always thinks hes right, last camp i built a fire with some cramp ball fungus, and some flint i had found, which i struck with my knife, but still he jus said "shouldnt you use paper" explorers is the same too
Does he have an internet connection? if so point him in the direction of this site ;) He may come up with a few ideas for you lot to do..... we do have a leaders chatter forum....

:D
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE